Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farm System
Soler joining the Cubs in Cincy tomorrow!
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
FUCK YEA BITCHES!

If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
My nipples are hard.
Quote:Soler homers and is then pulled in Iowa.  Stay tuned.

That HR was against Seattle's top prospect too...not some jamoke.
I just want to drink beer and play atari
To be fair, Walker has given up 13 HRs in 73 AAA innings.

One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer

Yeah, he's had some issues since his injury.

This is also good news.

Quote:The Cubs prospects heading to the AFL this year are: Addison Russell, C.J. Edwards, Zach Cates, Ivan Pineyro, Gerardo Concepcion, Dan Vogelbach, and Jake Hannemann . That's seven, and in general teams get only six full-time players, so one of these guys might be a "taxi squad" player who plays twice a week.
Yeah. Edwards had another good night yesterday or Sunday (I forget which) and Concepcion is really starting to settle in--io a reliever role, but i's good to see him have success.

--Veryzer

Quote:To be fair, Walker has given up 13 HRs in 73 AAA innings.

His home park, Tacoma, is very pull friendly for right hand hitters.  It's 325 to dead left.
Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Kid" data-cid="227921" data-time="1409021550">
Soler homers and is then pulled in Iowa.  Stay tuned.

That HR was against Seattle's top prospect too...not some jamoke.</blockquote>
Hah! There's a word you don't hear much anymore. I like it. Jamoke.

Did some research on the word a couple years ago and discovered two things. The bad news is it had racial origins. A portmanteau of Java (or some sources said Jamaica) and Mocha--the dark colors are to reduce a sailor of color to an object, a cup of coffee, etc. But that meaning is hundreds of years old. I have NEVER heard anyone use it racially in our times in New England. (And they obviously don't use it racially in Wisconson either. Just means, as WiCubsFan used it, a regular guy with no super special skills; perhaps in our parlance here a potential 'replacement player' vs. 'top prospect' )

The good news is my research led me to an old African-American song with the lyric "Ain't no stronger drink than gin and jamoka." Turns out it was Ray Charles favorite drink. I know it sounds like an odd combo, but I've tried it and I like it, too. Front end of a celebration when I may be too tired and need a jump start, it is my goto. I call it a 'Ray Charles'. But they are like breasts. One may not be enough, but three is way too many.

Oh. and "Soler!"
Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="WiCubsFan" data-cid="227969" data-time="1409060418">
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Kid" data-cid="227921" data-time="1409021550">
Soler homers and is then pulled in Iowa.  Stay tuned.

That HR was against Seattle's top prospect too...not some jamoke.</blockquote>Hah! There's a word you don't hear much anymore. I like it. Jamoke.

Did some research on the word a couple years ago and discovered two things. The bad news is it had racial origins. A portmanteau of Java (or some sources said Jamaica) and Mocha--the dark colors are to reduce a sailor of color to an object, a cup of coffee, etc. But that meaning is hundreds of years old. I have NEVER heard anyone use it racially in our times in New England. (And they obviously don't use it racially in Wisconson either. Just means, as WiCubsFan used it, a regular guy with no super special skills; perhaps in our parlance here a potential 'replacement player' vs. 'top prospect' )

The good news is my research led me to an old African-American song with the lyric "Ain't no stronger drink than gin and jamoka." Turns out it was Ray Charles favorite drink. I know it sounds like an odd combo, but I've tried it and I like it, too. Front end of a celebration when I may be too tired and need a jump start, it is my goto. I call it a 'Ray Charles'. But they are like breasts. One may not be enough, but three is way too many.

Oh. and "Soler!"</blockquote>

I like you.
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
That post had everything.
Fast food race baiting.

http://arbys.com/our-menu/snack-n-save/jamocha-shake

Really, really like this site:  MLBFarm.com

I got nothin'.

Andy
Awesome site, Andy. Good find.

--Veryzer