Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farm System
Single Almora followed by a Russell HR.

Another single for Russell.  Kid can hit.

I keep forgetting about Russell. Then I get reminded. And it makes me happy.
Bryant home run
^^shocker.

I really wonder what Russell's ceiling is. If it is indeed Barry Larkin, this could be fun.
Quote:Single Almora followed by a Russell HR.

Last ten games has him at a 10% K rate with a .900+ OPS.

Shameless plus to have you guys checkout Friendly-Confines.com tomorrow around 8 AM central for my reaction to that. (hint: it involves a naughty no-no word)
Check it out as I hilariously fail at Cubs blogging.

www.friendly-confines.com
Watching Bryants home run and that was just absolutely crushed. Straight up the middle and it looks as if it hits the back fence of the outer stadium.
Almora now has three multi-hit games in the last four days, and is hitting .333 over his past 10 games. 

Keep it going

I just want to drink beer and play atari
any video of Bryant's HR?

Bryant's stats since getting drafted, in which he's played roughly one full MLB season (163 games):

.336/.432/.685

137 RBIs

131 runs

50 HRs

Not bad.

Man, if we could get a ace starter and maybe a middle of the rotation guy to go along with Arrieta and Hendricks, next year could be the beginning of some fun years.
Question, if the FO thinks Russell is the answer at SS, do they consider moving Castro for a SP? Would you put Castro in a Hamels trade?
Quote:Question, if the FO thinks Russell is the answer at SS, do they consider moving Castro for a SP? Would you put Castro in a Hamels trade?

Given their respective ages, I wouldn't.
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Runnys" data-cid="227611" data-time="1408643591">
<div>
Question, if the FO thinks Russell is the answer at SS, do they consider moving Castro for a SP? Would you put Castro in a Hamels trade?

Given their respective ages, I wouldn't.

</div>
</blockquote>

Gammons was on MLB's High Heat the other day and they discussed possibility of Castro for Mets.  Here's a link to the video but my understanding of his reply was basically 'Castro is a young, 3 time All Star with a very reasonable contract, you don't move those players for prospects.'

http://www.gammonsdaily.com/video-peter-...o-stanton/

Regarding moving Castro for Hamels now?  No, but if the Phillies included cash in the deal? Yes, I would consider it in the off season.   Considering the difference in contracts and ages for Hamels and Castro - believe that until the front office determines that Russell or Javy to be superior to Castro and signs at least one of the two to a long term deal, they'll hold onto what they have unless blown away by an offer.