Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farm System
Billy went 2 for 4 with a double and RBI today. Average up to .320 with Daytona. Quietly doing some good things for us.
RISP and Late & close splits on b-r are pretty much the only fair way to quantify clutchness IMO.

Anecdotal accounts of clutchness are so flawed, with Kobe Bryant being exhibit A. He's constantly labeled as the best guy to have in the dying seconds because people remember the big big moments, but not all of the times he missed.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
Gerardo Concepcion is crawling back to respectability at Daytona. It'd be nice if he's straightened up.

One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer

Szczur has been called up, not Soler.
Double post
Sounds like Bryant left the game with some kind of injury.

This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
Bryant out of the game and seen limping into the clubhouse with the trainer before the 3rd inning.
That's wonderful. Good thing he wasn't coming up until next year anyways.
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
Quote:Sounds like Bryant left the game with some kind of injury.
You shut your dirty mouth.
As long as it's not a serious injury, it's really not a big deal.  Even if it's a season-ender, he'd only miss 2-3 weeks of games.

This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
Sharma said he thinks it was just precautionary.  

It wouldn't be the end of the world, AND at least the meatballs would shut up about calling him up.

And hopefully Soler starts to heat up after a nice 2-4 with a 2B tonight.
Bryant taken to hospital for x-rays. He fouled off a ball onto his foot during the week.
X-rays are inconclusive. Will undergo a MRI tomorrow.
As I said, even if there is a break, the only way the timing could be better would be if it happened 2 weeks from now.  It's the muscle/ligament injuries you need to be worried about long-term.  He'll have the offseason to heal.