Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farm System
But if a minivan hits him, he's in the clear still?

Signature.
Well shit Brett Jackson got traded.

http://chicagocubsonline.com/archives/20...-2RrUtR6Jw

Brett Jackson was just traded...

Does this mean Russell is going to Iowa? 

I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
Jinx.

Quote:Brett Jackson was just traded...

Because Jackson was blocking him?

One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer

Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Destined" data-cid="227164" data-time="1408078323">
<div>
Brett Jackson was just traded...

Because Jackson was blocking him?

</div>
</blockquote>

Of course not but it's a roster spot, and a 40-man spot at that. Just seems like weird timing to me. Though to be honest, I originally thought Blake Cooper was an org arm at first, given his age, but in looking at his numbers, he might have some sort of value. So maybe they're just taking a flier on him? I don't know. I'm reading too much into it, I know.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
Yeah, I think he's just a guy.  Probably just want to open up that roster spot.

I don't think we can read too much into this. By putting him on waivers, they got something for Jackson, as opposed to outright release. Besides, why bother moving Russell to the 40-man this year?

--Veryzer

Quote:I don't think we can read too much into this. By putting him on waivers, they got something for Jackson, as opposed to outright release. Besides, why bother moving Russell to the 40-man this year?

Unless they're going to add Bryant to the 40-man and promote him.

An interesting stat I just saw on the tweeter.  In 35 games with Daytona, Billy McKinney has more RBI with the bases loaded (20) than the MLB leader for the season (Brandon Moss of Oakland has 19 for the season).

This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
BILLY "CLUTCH" MCKINNEY!
--Veryzer

Too bad many sabermetricians have issues regarding if there is such a thing as "clutch". Yeah, right.
Quote:Too bad many sabermetricians have issues regarding if there is such a thing as "clutch". Yeah, right.
Clutch = being willing to cut down your swing and go to any part of the field in an RBI situation
This was also in the Aug 14 recap,

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/articl...leid=24401
Clutch to me means performing to your standards or above in higher pressure situations.  The problem I usually see with trying to quantify it is defining what is and when a clutch situation or opportunity occurs.