Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farm System
I just noticed that too. Hopefully it is a call up.
Signature.
Just noticed in the Oakland thread already reported.

I would presume its a call up.

Quote:Kyle Hendricks was pulled from his start for the Iowa Cubs Sunday night after two innings, and there were reports that the young right-hander received lots of hugs from teammates. It could be that Hendricks will be promoted to the big league team this week, and join the Cubs in Cincinnati. No official word from the Cubs yet. He gave up one run on three hits over two innings, and struck out four.

Carrie Muskat
Quote:The most we probably expect of Soler this season is to stay healthy and more than likely a starter in the Arizona Fall League. September 2015 most likely scenario for call up.

The only thing I could see them doing with calling up Soler this September is trying to get him some work in with the big league coaching staff, maybe a dozen or so PA so he can get a taste of MLB pitching and to get some more reps in.  That is the biggest thing he needs right now is just getting some PA against live pitching.  
Check it out as I hilariously fail at Cubs blogging.

www.friendly-confines.com
mlb.com has Russell listed as #3 on the Cubs prospect list, and McKinnley at #9.

They still haven't placed Schwarber in the top 20 yet.

I just want to drink beer and play atari
Midseason rankings have bumped Bryant to #2 behind only Buxton in all of baseball.  That's pretty awesome.  Russell #5 and Baez #7.

Buxton... He ain't done shit... My boy Bryant deserves #1

He also had a wrist injury so it will be interesting how he bounces back from it.  Wrist injuries are never good for hitters.

Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MickKelleherWasMyHero" data-cid="222504" data-time="1403040761">
Obviously, I meant that the Cubs are actually a good team to go along with the all-star appearances. Or I'm already dead.

(Samardzija has a shot at being the Cubs rep this year too. Then they'll trade him.)
Shark isn't making any all-star teams anywhere.

</blockquote>

Well, I had the order mixed up.
P Juan Paniagua is Minor League Pitcher of the Month for June.    High prospect or just a good month?
[Image: lou.jpg]
Quote:P Juan Paniagua is Minor League Pitcher of the Month for June.    High prospect or just a good month?

He has been highly regarded in the past, but I believe he is 24 or 25 (?) pitching in low A. He's been pitching better but his development has been slower than many hoped. This was his best month by far that I can recall since being in the organization.
Dylan McKay is my hero
He's 24.

Man I love me some Ace, but the #swoon/squeal/sparkle stuff has gotta go.

Quote:He's 24.

He's excited, sexually, by Kris Bryant and I'm still coming to terms with how I feel about that.
Quote:He's 24.

Yep. I know he's joking and that's his shtick, buts it's a little uncomfortable.