Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farm System
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Andy" data-cid="222742" data-time="1403276608">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="jstraw" data-cid="222733" data-time="1403271396">
<div>
It lights a fire in my loins.

No man.  That's gonorrhea.  I thought I warned you about that after the last pee-pee touching.

</div>
</blockquote>
But...I avoided you.

</div>
</blockquote>
I'll have to let Veryzer know then.
I got nothin'.

Andy
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="jstraw" data-cid="222744" data-time="1403277810">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Andy" data-cid="222742" data-time="1403276608">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="jstraw" data-cid="222733" data-time="1403271396">
<div>
It lights a fire in my loins.

No man.  That's gonorrhea.  I thought I warned you about that after the last pee-pee touching.

</div>
</blockquote>
But...I avoided you.

</div>
</blockquote>
I'll have to let Veryzer know then.

</div>
</blockquote>
I'd say so.
Javy RBI double that apparently just missed going out.  Feel like he's had a bunch of those this season.

Looks like he also had a 2 RBI single.

Another RBI single for Javy and a HR and double for Schwarber.

It's too bad our pitching can't be as successful as our hitting Smile

Hopefully trading Shark will bring back some pitching.

Hendricks had a solid outing.  Problem is all our decent pitching prospects are at the lower levels...

In addition to Hendricks, I still have some hope for Beeler as a SP, plus Vizcaino and Rivero out of the pen. They have all been solid, notwithstanding a couple of slow starts to 2014 for a few of them.

Viz got rocked in Iowa last night. No implication; just sayin'.

One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer

So, Manny's joining the I-Cubs next week. Now that Bryant is there, I'm going to be even pissier about every AB Ramirez gets.

Quote:So, Manny's joining the I-Cubs next week. Now that Bryant is there, I'm going to be even pissier about every AB Ramirez gets.

Because he's going to keep Bryant from getting 2 spots in the batting order?
This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
Will Manny be injecting Bryant with a cocktail of PEDs from the dugout for all to see? Otherwise I still don't care.
Quote:So, Manny's joining the I-Cubs next week. Now that Bryant is there, I'm going to be even pissier about every AB Ramirez gets.

You'll be mailing Ramirez your panties when he, Baez, and Bryant go back-to-back-to-back.

Hmmm . . . could we call three home runs in a row the Human Centipede?

One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer

Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="jstraw" data-cid="222813" data-time="1403378437">
<div>
So, Manny's joining the I-Cubs next week. Now that Bryant is there, I'm going to be even pissier about every AB Ramirez gets.

You'll be mailing Ramirez your panties when he, Baez, and Bryant go back-to-back-to-back.

</div>
</blockquote>
No, I won't. I don't give a fuck about Manny's offensive contributions because I don't care about the I-Cubs winning games. If Manny bats 8th, fine. I don't want his spot in the order to affect the way Baez and Bryant are getting pitched.

It's my opinion that not one roster spot in the entire farm system should be occupied by someone without a yardstick and goals for promotion. Manny wants to be a coach? Fine, let him coach.
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="VanSlawAndCottoCheese" data-cid="222816" data-time="1403385391">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="jstraw" data-cid="222813" data-time="1403378437">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>
No, I won't. I don't give a fuck about Manny's offensive contributions because I don't care about the I-Cubs winning games. If Manny bats 8th, fine. I don't want his spot in the order to affect the way Baez and Bryant are getting pitched.

It's my opinion that not one roster spot in the entire farm system should be occupied by someone without a yardstick and goals for promotion. Manny wants to be a coach? Fine, let him coach.

</div>
</blockquote>
There are plenty of filler players in the minors with very little (if any) any hope for promotion.
Actually, you don't typically see much dead weight in the minors aside from AAA. If he were blocking someone in High-A or AA, then I'd be pissed too. Scanning the current AAA roster, it appears that as much as 33% of it has zero chance of ever seeing the big leagues with the Cubs. Journeymen are aplenty.