Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farm System
Quote:Bryant to Iowa

Can't wait to see the back to back HRs with Javy and Kris

HOORAY, just in time for Luke to go to this weekend's games.
Check it out as I hilariously fail at Cubs blogging.

www.friendly-confines.com
Ugh...I was hoping for about a week's worth of more time at TN after the All Star Break. My dad is a USD alum and is coming here to see Bryant with me next week in Jackson Tuesday and Thursday...no Bryant to be seen. Still maybe some good pitching and $1 beer night, will be fun.

Just bad timing, but for the record I'm happy that he's moving through like this. He just obliterated AA and it really was time to challenge him a bit more. Hopefully he can avoid some of the struggles Baez has had...and being older and a more disciplined hitter, I think he will.

This does cause a little chain reaction on position-it will be an interesting couple days to see what other moves happen with it.

Dylan McKay is my hero
Quote:What becomes of Villanueva then?
I'm hoping he slides over to 2B, and Alcantara to OF.
He reports tomorrow...so I assume that means he'll be in the lineup tomorrow then???

I just want to drink beer and play atari
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Jody" data-cid="222546" data-time="1403107844">
What becomes of Villanueva then?

</blockquote>

That's a likely move. And a few weeks ago when it was known this move to Iowa would happen soon, I would have damn near guaranteed it. But, with Olt officially sucking and Valbuena's success, do we think they may still think of Alcantara as the future 2B? More so than a utility?

I'm intrigued to see their lineup/defense once he gets there.
Dylan McKay is my hero
They could also send Villanueva back to TN to continue flashing great 3B leather and try to get his hitting back to his last year form?

Dylan McKay is my hero
I have no idea if Villanueva can play 2B, but if he can that's a bonus. If not, I'm sure they'll be able to put in some kind of rotation between 3B, 1B and DH. Iowa doesn't really have a prospect at 1B where I'd care if he lost time. And Lars Anderson is on the DL.

Quote:I didn't even know that Bennigan's was still in business.

Iowan haute cuisine.
One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer

Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Runnys" data-cid="222529" data-time="1403097029">
<div>
I didn't even know that Bennigan's was still in business.

Iowan haute cuisine.

</div>
</blockquote>
It's almost like being *in* Waukegan.
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="VanSlawAndCottoCheese" data-cid="222555" data-time="1403108966">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Runnys" data-cid="222529" data-time="1403097029">
<div>

Iowan haute cuisine.

</div>
</blockquote>

</div>
</blockquote>

What's your issue with Waukegan? 

It may not be a great spot but come on it's not freakin' Iowa!  Waukegan even has a greater human population than pig population.
I don't know where the Cubs may play Villanueva, but, I have a feeling he isn't going to be in the Cubs system on August 1st.
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="jstraw" data-cid="222559" data-time="1403110649">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="VanSlawAndCottoCheese" data-cid="222555" data-time="1403108966">
<div>

<div>

Iowan haute cuisine.

</div>
</blockquote>

</div>
</blockquote>

It may not be a great spot but come on it's not freakin' Iowa!  Waukegan even has a greater human population than pig population.

</div>
</blockquote>

I think that goes back to the Veryzer - Ruby argument over Iowa being similar to Waukegan.
I got nothin'.

Andy
Interesting...

Quote: 

Tommy Birch ‏@<b>TommyBirch</b> <a class="" href="https://twitter.com/TommyBirch/status/479358798155751425" title="3:23 PM - 18 Jun 2014">14 mins</a>

<p class="">Christian Villanueva not in the I-<a class="" href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Cubs?src=hash">#<b>Cubs</b></a> lineup tonight. Chris Valaika playing third. <a class="" href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/PCL?src=hash">#<b>PCL</b></a> <a class="" href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MiLB?src=hash">#<b>MiLB</b></a>

I just want to drink beer and play atari
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rok" data-cid="222549" data-time="1403107999">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Jody" data-cid="222546" data-time="1403107844">
What becomes of Villanueva then?

</blockquote>

That's a likely move. And a few weeks ago when it was known this move to Iowa would happen soon, I would have damn near guaranteed it. But, with Olt officially sucking and Valbuena's success, do we think they may still think of Alcantara as the future 2B? More so than a utility?

I'm intrigued to see their lineup/defense once he gets there.

</div>
</blockquote>
Alcantara probably isn't going to lose the "2nd baseman of the future" label to Valbuena. He might lost it to Baez, though, and be moved to CF. The Cubs OF sucks, so that might not be a bad thing. I could see Alacantara taking over CF soon, if he can hack it defensively.
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="jstraw" data-cid="222559" data-time="1403110649">
<div>

<div>

<div>

Iowan haute cuisine.

</div>
</blockquote>

</div>
</blockquote>

</div>
</blockquote>
Ha, rookie.
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy