Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farm System
Quote:We all need to breathe a little on Baez; he isn't a finished product yet. This is why the minors exist.

I have very little doubt this kid is going to be a beast. I don't think there's much value in freaking out every time he has an 0-fer or strikes out 3 times a game. Same goes for every time he hits a bomb or goes 3-4 or whatever. How 'bout we let him get seasoned?

Sorry for the lecture.
Agreed.
I blame Butch for Baez's 0-4 performance.
Bryant wins the Southern League Home Run Derby.

This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
Quote:Bryant wins the Southern League Home Run Derby.

Milb link
Schwarber went 2-5 today with a triple and a SO.
Schwarber is 2-2 with a double and home run today. Dude is seriously hitting .611.

Dylan McKay is my hero
He may surpass Bryant as my main man crush soon. Oh, dear.......
Can Bryant play RF- in case the whole 3B thing doesn't pan out?

Quote:Can Bryant play RF- in case the whole 3B thing doesn't pan out?

A move to a corner OF spot has always been looked at as a significant possibility for him.
This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Dirk" data-cid="222496" data-time="1403035464">
<div>
Can Bryant play RF- in case the whole 3B thing doesn't pan out?

A move to a corner OF spot has always been looked at as a significant possibility for him.

</div>
</blockquote>
I had always assumed it would be a move to LF if he moved. Wasn't sure he's athletic enough to play RF, which if he's going to hit the way he is, you'd sacrifice some defense in right. 
Can you imagine our lineup if these guys pan out?

Castro-Rizzo-Bryant-Baez-Almora-Schwarber. If those guys reach their potential, that's the makings of an All-Star lineup.

Two home runs today now for Shwarber. I can't see him staying in Boise much longer...KC has the All Star game for their league this week (I think tonight?), I would guess as soon as that is over and they get back to playing games, he'll be on his way

Dylan McKay is my hero
Quote:Can you imagine our lineup if these guys pan out?

Castro-Rizzo-Bryant-Baez-Almora-Schwarber. If those guys reach their potential, that's the makings of an All-Star lineup.

I've been a Cubs fan too long to not believe that everything will turn to shit, or that I will die before any of the all-star appearances happen.
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Butcher" data-cid="222499" data-time="1403039440">
<div>
Can you imagine our lineup if these guys pan out?

I've been a Cubs fan too long to not believe that everything will turn to shit, or that I will die before any of the all-star appearances happen.

</div>
</blockquote>

You mean other than Castro being a 2x all star, and it being close to a lock that Rizzo and/or Castro will be all stars this year (because who else would be the Cubs' representative?).

Obviously, I meant that the Cubs are actually a good team to go along with the all-star appearances. Or I'm already dead.

(Samardzija has a shot at being the Cubs rep this year too. Then they'll trade him.)