Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farm System
Quote:God, I'm praying Baez doesn't turn into another BJax or Olt because of his alarming K rate.

I understand he does so many things better than BJax/Olt, but MLB pitching will eat up Javy's approach to the plate.

Again, the kid is the youngest player in AAA.  It's his first year at AAA, he is still adjusting to getting pitched differently.  Give him some time.  There is no need to rush him through AAA.  He isn't going to help us win this year or next year.  Just let him get it figured out, give him a full year in AAA this year and at least a good half year next year.  There is no need to see Bryant or Baez before the AS break in 2015.
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="WiCubsFan" data-cid="222236" data-time="1402575513">
<div>
God, I'm praying Baez doesn't turn into another BJax or Olt because of his alarming K rate.

I understand he does so many things better than BJax/Olt, but MLB pitching will eat up Javy's approach to the plate.

Again, the kid is the youngest player in AAA.  It's his first year at AAA, he is still adjusting to getting pitched differently.  Give him some time.  There is no need to rush him through AAA.  He isn't going to help us win this year or next year.  Just let him get it figured out, give him a full year in AAA this year and at least a good half year next year.  There is no need to see Bryant or Baez before the AS break in 2015.

</div>
</blockquote>

100% agree. I listen to a lot of sports radio at work, and I hear a lot talk about wanting Baez and Bryant up...and I'm like "Why!?!?". I don't know what's appealing about Baez's .230 average and alarming K rate in AAA that some people are gawking over. He still needs a lot of work in my opinion. He's certainly shown flashes of brilliance, but he's anything but consistent.....yet. He has been doing a lot better in the field, I think his error rate has improved a lot since he first few years since getting drafted.

I understand Cubs fans are eager to get these draft picks up so they can start winning again, but it's going to take a couple more years.

I just want to drink beer and play atari
Something that makes you say wow: Starlin is 6 months younger than George Springer and only 22 months older than Bryant.

"If you throw at someone's head, it's very dangerous, because in the head is the brain." -- Pudge Rodriguez to AM 1270 WXYT in Detroit
Quote:Something that makes you say wow: Starlin is 6 months younger than George Springer and only 22 months older than Bryant.
And he also jumped straight from AA after putting up numbers no where as good as Bryant is now.
Fucking Hendry.

Bryant just 1-3 with a R, 2B, BB and a SO. Note that his double was very nearly a home run just right of centre.

Quote:Something that makes you say wow: Starlin is 6 months younger than George Springer and only 22 months older than Bryant.
Wow indeed. I keep forgetting that he is still so young.
Signature.
Beaz 0-3 so far tonight, but at least he hasn't struck out yet. Avg slipping in the .225 range again after nearing .240 just a few days ago. Hopefully just a mini slump.
He really just seems to not be able to turn the whole corner. He gives signs of it, then falls back into a funk. Much like when he was here...he was red hot then while here was kinda meh. Then heated back up some, and now it's back to struggling. As young as he is though, I suppose this is what to expect. But, looking back on his AA season last year and what he did in Spring Training...I didn't expect this much of a struggle.

Dylan McKay is my hero
Quote:Beaz 0-3 so far tonight, but at least he hasn't struck out yet. Avg slipping in the .225 range again after nearing .240 just a few days ago. Hopefully just a mini slump.

0-4 now... all weak outs.

Ace put something up on BN about the self head shot he suffered the other day and hasn't been the same since. Maybe its the case but he also could be a Soriano streaky-like batter.
He fucked himself up with a selfie?

Pardon me for bringing up the White Sox, but their AA affiliate (Birmingham Barons) is sporting their '94 (Michael Jordan) throw back jersey's in their game today. I guess whatever helps sell tickets.

I can't believe that's 20 years ago already. I still remember him hitting a triple against the Cubs in that Windy City Classic game. I will forever be a Jordan fan, but that attempt at baseball was ridiculous. Probably because, back then when I was only 13, part of me had wished he played for the Cubs....not the team I loathed growing up. 

https://twitter.com/BhamBarons/status/47...44/photo/1

I just want to drink beer and play atari
Schwarber 3-4 with a HR in his debut
Quote:Schwarber 3-4 with a HR in his debut

Did I read correctly on Twitter that Doug Glanville said he would be in the bigs by September?
Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="funkster" data-cid="222323" data-time="1402716953">
Schwarber 3-4 with a HR in his debut

Did I read correctly on Twitter that Doug Glanville said he would be in the bigs by September?</blockquote>
If it's on Twitter, it must be true.
"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy