Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farm System
I want them both in the same lineup in AAA with one providing protection for the other.
Javy needs to heat up again.  Hope this is a start.

Triple now to go with the homer...I'd say he's getting warm. I feel a very hot streak starting...he actually had a decent weekend and is killing it tonight. Keep it going.

Dylan McKay is my hero
Quote:Triple now to go with the homer...I'd say he's getting warm. I feel a very hot streak starting...he actually had a decent weekend and is killing it tonight. Keep it going.
Yeah, he also had a delayed steal and is now 9/10 in the the SB department. He's scored 3 runs already in this game, and it's the 5th inning. 

Baez now has a .755 OPS. Consider it was in the .400's about a month ago and that's pretty damn impressive. 

@TheBlogfines
Christian Villanueva grand slam. He just missed a 3-run homer earlier in the game too. 

@TheBlogfines
Quote:I want them both in the same lineup in AAA with one providing protection for the other.

I cannot wait for a Baez/Bryant/Ramirez 3-4-5 at Iowa.  Most definitely going to that game.
Check it out as I hilariously fail at Cubs blogging.

www.friendly-confines.com
Quote:Christian Villanueva grand slam. He just missed a 3-run homer earlier in the game too. 

If he could be a league average 3B with a plus-plus glove, that would be huge.

Push Bryant to the OF, Baez to 2B.  Olt to Iowa.  

Right now it is soooooooooooooooo easy to dream on a homegrown 2016 lineup.
Check it out as I hilariously fail at Cubs blogging.

www.friendly-confines.com
Sac fly for Baez.

Baez single.

Quote:Christian Villanueva grand slam. He just missed a 3-run homer earlier in the game too. 
Trade him now.
I Vine'd Javy's single in the last AB (and sorry for the awful quality, can't rewind MiLB TV live)... god his swings are hilarious. 

<iframe class="vine-embed" src="https://vine.co/v/MjmZOV2QdtI/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe>
@TheBlogfines
Clapp didn't go to the Jerry Seinfeld School of Bootlegging.

I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
Some nice quotes from Villanueva after the game (link).

Quote:Since May 21, Villanueva has registered just 11 hits in 58 at-bats, resulting in a .190 average over that stretch that had sent his season-long mark tumbling to .222 entering Monday. That sent the 22-year-old in search of helpful words from fellow prospects and coaches.

"I talked to some of my teammates that have a lot of experience at this level like [infielder Chris] Valaika," Villanueva said. "He's been helping me a lot, talking to me about pitchers, what they're trying to do with hitters. My hitting coach, [Brian] Harper, he's been working with me a lot trying to get me out of this slump."

Quote:"This is a new level," Villanueva said. "There are a lot of guys with a lot of experience here, guys who have gone to the big leagues and been up and down. The sequences that they throw, they don't throw too many fastballs like Double-A or high A. We need to adjust to those breaking balls."

Quote:Like Villanueva, Baez has been struggling to put together a solid span in the Pacific Coast League. Also like his left-side counterpart, the shortstop is showing signs of coming to life. After batting just .172 in 15 April games, Baez batted .250 in 29 May contests. Through the first week of June, the 21-year-old is hitting .364 with two home runs, six RBIs and a 1.196 OPS.

"He's seeing the ball better now," Villanueva said of Baez. "He's more patient at the plate. He's doing the same team as my other teammates, just trying to go out there and have fun and enjoy this game."

Quote:Like Villanueva, Baez has been struggling to put together a solid span in the Pacific Coast League. Also like his left-side counterpart, the shortstop is showing signs of coming to life. After batting just .172 in 15 April games, Baez batted .250 in 29 May contests. Through the first week of June, the 21-year-old is hitting .364 with two home runs, six RBIs and a 1.196 OPS.

"He's seeing the ball better now," Villanueva said of Baez. "He's more patient at the plate. He's doing the same team as my other teammates, just trying to go out there and have fun and enjoy this game."
@TheBlogfines
Quote:#22 for Bryant.
http://youtu.be/1nvtee_ltPI
I just want to drink beer and play atari
Almora went 2-5 yesterday with a couple of RBIs. Albert had a very slow start in Daytona, but has his average up to .250.

I would like to see him start going again.

I just want to drink beer and play atari