Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farm System
Anyone else wondering how Baez copes with not being the king of Cubs prospects?

I would assume he thinks he still is, since he's at AAA and Bryant is AA.

I think I just uncorked something.
Quote:I would assume he thinks he still is, since he's at AAA and Bryant is AA.
He might think he still is. He might have some coping to do when Bryant gets promoted.
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="vitaminB" data-cid="219861" data-time="1400780452">
<div>
I would assume he thinks he still is, since he's at AAA and Bryant is AA.
He might think he still is. He might have some coping to do when Bryant gets promoted.

</div>
</blockquote>

Or when Bryant beats him to the big club.
What Baez did to AA last year was silly.

What Bryant is doing so far to AA? Super silly.

Dylan McKay is my hero
Quote:Bring him already.
I think he would do just fine on the big league team.
Signature.
You guys are going to lose your shit if Bryant struggles at AAA.

He still strikes out a little too much.  Not Baez too much...but...yanno...

I think it's safe to say that Bryant isn't being challenged at AA and should probably be promoted.

Was following the NSBB minor league thread for today's game and someone posted "Vizcaino blown save", to which Tim responded "He's ready".  Cracked me up.

Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Coldneck" data-cid="219828" data-time="1400767957">
<div>
That opp field Bryant home run was a thing of beauty. I'm slightly aroused.

You should be. He seems to be going opposite as much as he pulls his homers. That's been the most impressive thing to me about his season so far (with a billion things to really like) is his opposite field power.

</div>
</blockquote>

Even more than that. I think at least 7 of these 8 homers have been the other way, and several of his doubles have been as well. Same with last year in the minors and at San Diego. I talked a bit about this on Twitter last night how I've never seen anyone drive the ball the other way as much as he does (including Piazza and Manny). He's going to get pitched to under his hands in the bigs (and maybe AAA) and it will be interesting to see how he adjusts. The good thing is he just spits on pitches he doesn't like swinging at usually so even if you pitch him that way you're going to have to throw strikes. But pitching on the outer half is pitching to his strength. He uses his length so well... awesome plate coverage and he keeps his head down on the ball and drives it.
@TheBlogfines
Pierce Johnson strained calf.

And all the stuff about Bryant being promoted soon... I wouldn't get my hopes up yet. The Cubs don't want to start his service clock early and if he goes up to AAA and dominates everyone is going to be screaming to bring him up to the big league club. Additionally, Christian Villanueva needs to be playing everyday and build his value up. You also don't want to move Bryant off third base until you really feel you have to. 

So, I don't think they're in a hurry to get Bryant to Iowa.

@TheBlogfines
Baez double in the 1st. 7-game hitting streak.

@TheBlogfines
Baez is becoming a doubles machine apparently.