Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farm System
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="miggy80" data-cid="219120" data-time="1400262393">
<div>
Maybe it's too early to try and speculate if there are any "other" factors troubling Baez, but I wonder if he has ever played in cold weather climates before. It's been absolutely cold here in the midwest and every time the I-Cubs are home the temps have been as much as 20 degrees below average. I can't believe that the I-Cubs played yesterday it was pouring from 3pm-4pm and cold and blustery. Today when the temps should be in the 70's it just reached 50. Not sure if this is even a factor but the cold is sure getting to me.   
He has many "other" factors that don't include cold weather, but include his mental makeup.

</div>
</blockquote>

I hope it's mental. If it's physical then I would be more concerned. People mature and develop mentally. If he is striking out because of a flaw in his swing that could be tougher to fix. 
"Gravity keeps my head down or is it maybe shame at being so young and being so vain."
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="CFOrfan" data-cid="219153" data-time="1400300025">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="miggy80" data-cid="219120" data-time="1400262393">
<div>
Maybe it's too early to try and speculate if there are any "other" factors troubling Baez, but I wonder if he has ever played in cold weather climates before. It's been absolutely cold here in the midwest and every time the I-Cubs are home the temps have been as much as 20 degrees below average. I can't believe that the I-Cubs played yesterday it was pouring from 3pm-4pm and cold and blustery. Today when the temps should be in the 70's it just reached 50. Not sure if this is even a factor but the cold is sure getting to me.   
He has many "other" factors that don't include cold weather, but include his mental makeup.

</div>
</blockquote>

I hope it's mental. If it's physical then I would be more concerned. People mature and develop mentally. If he is striking out because of a flaw in his swing that could be tougher to fix. 

</div>
</blockquote>
He is striking out because of flaws in his swings, but that won't be the only thing stopping him from making it to the bigs is what I'm trying to say.
"If you throw at someone's head, it's very dangerous, because in the head is the brain." -- Pudge Rodriguez to AM 1270 WXYT in Detroit
WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY?

Quote:WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY?
trade him for a bag of balls! Not even a full bucket
"If you throw at someone's head, it's very dangerous, because in the head is the brain." -- Pudge Rodriguez to AM 1270 WXYT in Detroit
Finally a Javy bomb.

And Almora is on fire.  This is what drives me nuts about knee jerk reactions, people on NSBB a month ago were crying about how Almora was apparently "just not as good at baseball as we thought".  

I have way more faith in Almora long-term than Baez. His extremely high baseball IQ and few weaknesses lead me to believe his floor is pretty high. I'm not giving up on Baez, but he just scares the shit out of me.
Kane County combined no no.  Tyler Skulina 7 1/3 no hitter. 

What does this kid project to be long-term? Didn't he sort of fall to us in the draft?
Quote:What does this kid project to be long-term? Didn't he sort of fall to us in the draft?
Yeah he was considered a tough sign.  Believe we signed him overslot due to his high ceiling.  I was hoping he'd be one of our break out arms that we were able to snatch late, but a month or so ago one of the BP or BA guys was questioning whether a few of his pitches would be good enough to find success in the majors.  Hope that was wrong, because when I read that I was a bit disappointed.

Baez also walked.

Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="HeadAndHeart" data-cid="219170" data-time="1400349684">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="CFOrfan" data-cid="219153" data-time="1400300025">
<div>

<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

</div>
</blockquote>
He is striking out because of flaws in his swings, but that won't be the only thing stopping him from making it to the bigs is what I'm trying to say.

</div>
</blockquote>

You don't strike out 40% of the time because of flaws in your swing alone. Or he never would have made it to AAA.
"Gravity keeps my head down or is it maybe shame at being so young and being so vain."
He has flaws in his swing that are exposed at AAA.

Quote:He has flaws in his swing that are exposed at AAA.

Right. But every hitter has holes in their swing. Some more than others. But a guy doesn't have a 10 game stretch where he strikes out 20 times in 40 ABs just because of holes in his swing. There's a lot more to it than that. 
Baez 2-4 today.  Apparently he just missed a HR on one of his singles.

Quote:Baez 2-4 today.  Apparently he just missed a HR on one of his singles.

Yeah didn't run out of the box apparently or would have been a double. Also had a sac fly and one strike out. Struck out against Neftali Feliz in the 8th. 
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="funkster" data-cid="219272" data-time="1400447873">
<div>
Baez 2-4 today.  Apparently he just missed a HR on one of his singles.

Yeah didn't run out of the box apparently or would have been a double. Also had a sac fly and one strike out. Struck out against Neftali Feliz in the 8th. 

</div>
</blockquote>
There's the Baez I know and love. That shit drives me fucking crazy.