Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farm System
Is it possible Bryant will be the first of the big names we'll see in the majors?

In AA his OPS is 1.067.
I got nothin'.

Andy
Quote:Is it possible Bryant will be the first of the big names we'll see in the majors?

In AA his OPS is 1.067.
Baez destroyed A-AA last year too but there's something different about Bryant. He just doesn't struggle; just shows up and calmly starts hitting on day 1. Still think Baez makes first though. Baez seems like he's one hot streak away.
I also think Baez will be first because he is already at AAA.  I believe the management has said that they want guys succeeding at each level before calling them up.  So Bryant still has to do this against AAA.  Although, the idea of Bryant hitting in the PCL is scary in a good way.  

I will say this though, I would not be opposed at all to them both not getting a call up this year.  There isn't much reason for it and maybe in the case of Baez, he needs a little humility to realize this game isn't that easy.

I know SSS and all, but I can't help but worry about Baez's poor contact rates might sink him in the long run. Hopefully he figures it out soon enough. 

Do any of you think there is any chance that Theo would trade Baez if a team offered up some high end arms?  It would draw the ire of the casual fans that just know the name, but it is something that could help this team significantly and Baez doesn't have anywhere to play right now.

I still believe it's too early to trade any of them at the moment. I'd say the middle of next season at the earliest. 

Signature.
Quote:I still believe it's too early to trade any of them at the moment. I'd say the middle of next season at the earliest. 
Way too early.  Everytime he struggles people start bringing up trading him. He didn't get a hit yesterday, but he had two walks.  He's walked a fair amount over the last few weeks, that's a good thing.

Maybe it's a sign he is seeing the ball better, and that the hits aren't too far behind.

Signature.
Trading Baez right now would be the worst possible scenario.  That being said, I think the guy's swing scares me, in a bad way.  If we can flip him next year for an ace prospect I'd be in favor.

Yeah, I wouldn't be against that. Now just isn't the time though. All he needs to do is keep his SOs under control and he will be a bad bad man.
If memory serves, when Baez first made the jump to Daytona, he started out pretty shitty.  The following season he really turned it on.

He has way too much potential to trade him now.  I believe he's part of the core of players Theo and crew are counting on to turn this club around.

I got nothin'.

Andy
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Andy" data-cid="217800" data-time="1399643107">
<div>
Is it possible Bryant will be the first of the big names we'll see in the majors?

In AA his OPS is 1.067.
Baez destroyed A-AA last year too but there's something different about Bryant. He just doesn't struggle; just shows up and calmly starts hitting on day 1. Still think Baez makes first though. Baez seems like he's one hot streak away.

</div>
</blockquote>
From what I've seen, Bryant actually has a plan and approach to ABs. Baez has none. Baez lets ptichers attack him and waits for a mistake, while Bryant goes out to attack pitchers and gets HIS pitch.

"If you throw at someone's head, it's very dangerous, because in the head is the brain." -- Pudge Rodriguez to AM 1270 WXYT in Detroit
Let's place bets now: who has the better career, Bryant or Baez?
Signature.
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Dirk" data-cid="217801" data-time="1399643592">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Andy" data-cid="217800" data-time="1399643107">
<div>

In AA his OPS is 1.067.

</div>
</blockquote>
From what I've seen, Bryant actually has a plan and approach to ABs. Baez has none. Baez lets ptichers attack him and waits for a mistake, while Bryant goes out to attack pitchers and gets HIS pitch.

</div>
</blockquote>
I'm ok with another Soriano in the lineup.
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
Quote:Let's place bets now: who has the better career, Bryant or Baez?

That's though. Bryant definitely has the lower floor while Baez has a HoF ceiling.