Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farm System
Quote:From Badler regarding Baez

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">
The swing and miss is a little worrisome, but I do think that will settle down some with time and experience. It seems like he's trying to do a little too much at the plate right now to get to Chicago as fast as he can, but once he settles down I don't think it's going to be a long-term concern. When he does get called up, he might be a guy who struggles initially because of his approach, but the bat speed, premium power and the feel for hitting even with some strikeouts should still make him a star.
</blockquote>

I really hope his June - July - August K/B B is closer to his true talent.

I've seen 3 of his PA and he did seem a bit anxious up at the plate.
Check it out as I hilariously fail at Cubs blogging.

www.friendly-confines.com
Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Dingo" data-cid="217438" data-time="1399504848">
Ryan Searle released from Smokies maybe? It's a shame for me personally if it is as he was the Cubs Aussie representative.

Yeah, it was Searle.  So does he get kicked out of the country now too?</blockquote>

You would want to hope so, you don't want stray Australians running around your country. It took 6 weeks for Homeland Security to catch up with me last year.
Quote:Kris Bryant belts his 7th HR.  Not in this game, that would be a record.
And he just hit another one. Two tonight.
Signature.
Rob Spellcheck continues to do all types of suck for Daytona.
Quote:Rob Spellcheck continues to do all types of suck for Daytona.

He was apparently hit by a line drive and left the game holding his wrist.
This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
Quote:Rob Spellcheck continues to do all types of suck for Daytona.
I hope they play well tomorrow, for I will be there.
Signature.
2 HRs for Bryant today.

6 RBI's for Bryant
I'm going to go into meathead mode soon and start pleading for Bryant to get a September call up.
Quote:Ryan Searle released from Smokies maybe? It's a shame for me personally if it is as he was the Cubs Aussie representative.

I remember the days when I would pimp Searle's name a bit here and there. One more sad washout of a Cubs prospect to add to the heap.
Stephen Bruno is also mashing for the Smokies.

Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="funkster" data-cid="217441" data-time="1399506154">
From Badler regarding Baez

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">
The swing and miss is a little worrisome, but I do think that will settle down some with time and experience. It seems like he's trying to do a little too much at the plate right now to get to Chicago as fast as he can, but once he settles down I don't think it's going to be a long-term concern. When he does get called up, he might be a guy who struggles initially because of his approach, but the bat speed, premium power and the feel for hitting even with some strikeouts should still make him a star.
</blockquote>

I really hope his June - July - August K/B B is closer to his true talent.

I've seen 3 of his PA and he did seem a bit anxious up at the plate.

</blockquote>
I watched a lot of video on his swings from over the weekend and it is one of the worst swings I've seen in a while. He's all over the place. Deciding to swing or not before pitches, hacking, etc. Definitely has top 3 bat speed if he was in MLB and definitely has 70 power. Just needs to learn how to harness his talents at a level where he doesn't see 75%-80% heaters like he did at A/AA.

"If you throw at someone's head, it's very dangerous, because in the head is the brain." -- Pudge Rodriguez to AM 1270 WXYT in Detroit
I would turn for Bryant...

3 for 3 with a homer and 2 runs scored after the 5th inning.

Soler also 2 for 2 with a double, rbi and a walk.

Get him to Iowa.

Bryant, not Soler....yet.

Signature.
Was just coming on here to post that..beast.