Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farm System
Then in 98 I vaugley remember a RFer who set the world on fire.  The memory is fading though, like getting lighter and lighter.

Yeah. My Cubs dark ages were the '93-97 years. Barely paid attention to them. Too busy enjoying college. They were bad and I wasn't ready to forgive them for letting Maddux walk. Thank goodness for the Bulls.
Don't know if anyone's been paying attention, but Baez has been walking quite a bit over his last few games.  Also, Wada is making a serious case for a call up to the bullpen at the very least.

I'll get to see the 4 Iowa-Nashville games tonight. Looking forward to seeing some of the guys.

"If you throw at someone's head, it's very dangerous, because in the head is the brain." -- Pudge Rodriguez to AM 1270 WXYT in Detroit
Bryant 4-5 with a HR today.

Baez 0-4 with 3 SOs. Hendricks with a mediocre outing as well with 5.1 IP and 3 ER, but at least had 8 K.
Quote:Baez 0-4 with 3 SOs. Hendricks with a mediocre outing as well with 5.1 IP and 3 ER, but at least had 8 K.

Meh... Wouldn't call that performance mediocre, two more outs and its a QS plus 8 K. Cant say the same about Baez, though.
Hendricks was solid. He threw about 70% strikes (68% I believe). Lots of cutters. His off-speed stuff is sort of flat, but he's pretty deceptive.

I've never been sold on Baez and think Alcantara will be better. When I say this I mean it- I would trade Baez for a player now. Build a package around Cargo/Stanton...whatever. The kid doesn't have what it takes to be the stud everyone thinks he will be.

"If you throw at someone's head, it's very dangerous, because in the head is the brain." -- Pudge Rodriguez to AM 1270 WXYT in Detroit
Baez 0/4 with 3 more Ks. Now 0/12 with 8 Ks in the Nashville series.

Baez, Vitters and B.Jackson are all hitting under .200 now.
Quote:Baez, Vitters and B.Jackson are all hitting under .200 now.
Time to give up on the last two?
Probably not just yet, but come promotion time I wouldn't hold a roster spot for them.
Quote:Probably not just yet, but come promotion time I wouldn't hold a roster spot for them.

Wouldn't Jackson and Vitters have to be exposed to waiver claims if they are removed from the 40 man roster?
Went to kane county to watch tseng pitch last night. He wasn't overly dominant but worked through some early struggles and coasted through the rest of the game. I think I had more fun watching him in the bullpen before the game.
Baez definitely on struggle street