Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farm System
What did he do in the other two ABs?  

Nvm..just saw.  Those damn strikeouts.

2R homerun for Baez today.

I'd like to see him mix in a few singles and doubles along the way. This HR/SO business may not translate into long-term success.
I believe Wednesday he went 2-4 with a double and a single.

Almora was so much fun to watch at kane county last year. I'm really looking forward to hitting a handful of games there again this year. I'm more intrigued by the pitching this year there for sure. Also will be cool to see some of the young outfielders.
Quote:Almora was so much fun to watch at kane county last year. I'm really looking forward to hitting a handful of games there again this year. I'm more intrigued by the pitching this year there for sure. Also will be cool to see some of the young outfielders.

Yeah their rotation is an exciting group. Tseng, Blackburn, Skulina, etc. 
@TheBlogfines
Corey Black threw five no-hit innings at Tennessee. He tweeted a couple weeks ago, "Coming out of the bullpen on Saturday...", like he wasn't too thrilled about it. Well he got the start tonight (and his first start ever in Double-A) and just went on to throw five no-hit innings. Maybe he was extra motivated to prove he belongs as a starting pitcher.

With his size (5'11", 175) and stuff it's been assumed he was a future setup man type. He has a fastball that can get up to 100 mph, especially out of the bullpen I'm sure as a max effort guy. But, who knows, maybe he can stick as a starter. 

@TheBlogfines
Maybe he can be like an Oswalt and outperform his small stature with a big arm.
Two of the best pitchers I've ever seen were relatively small guys. Pedro and Maddux. Height gives you a slight advantage with a more downward plane, but I don't think being 5'11" should be all that much of an issue.
He's looked really good.  I'm hoping Cashman made a mistake by giving him up.

Almora with a HR and a 2B so far.  Kid can really hit.

Quote:Almora with a HR and a 2B so far.  Kid can really hit.

Bryant also had a homer and double.

Cubs minor league teams went 4-0 today. 
@TheBlogfines
Baez to the DL with ankle sprain.

http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd...1&sid=t451
Pierce Johnson probably just finished his last rehab assignment - 5IP, 4H, 1R (unearned), 8K's, 0BB and more than likely be with the Smokies for his next start. I would think that he would replace Arrieta who will rejoin the Cubs and probably replace Villenuva who would go to the pen with Rusin back to Iowa.

Good deal. Rusin is already back in Iowa. Someone like Parker would probably be sent down again.