Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farm System
Not bad.

Quote:Ok, I was being a dick...but my point is that The Cubs' minor league pitcher of the year and Minor League Baseball's pitcher of the year are vastly different things.

I don't disagree.  I guess I was using a bad segue to state the the Cubs' minor league pitcher of the year have all kind of sucked.
I got nothin'.

Andy
Quote:Mesa tops Peoria 7-5 in a wild back-and-forth game, led by #Cubs prospects Kris Bryant (2 2B, 3B, 3 R, RBI) and Jorge Soler (2-R HR). #AFL13

— Arizona Fall League (@MLBazFallLeague) October 25, 2013
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
Soler starting the get hot over the past couple games.

All it took was a few stupid comments by the internet illuminati to light a fire under him.

(Still can't do purple font from my phone)
As of today Bryant leads the AFL in AVG, SLG, OPS, HR's, hits, doubles, runs and RBI. Not bad for someone who has only played in 11 games.
Quote:<b>4. Cubs</b>
<b>Callis: Tyler Beede, RHP, Vanderbilt</b> -- Cubs almost certainly will take a pitcher after spending last two top-six choices on bats, though Beede must refine his command.
<b>Mayo: Trea Turner, SS, North Carolina State</b> -- How about a future left side of the infield featuring Kris Bryant, the No. 2 pick in the 2013 Draft, and Turner, a leadoff type with 80 speed?

Top 10 Mock Draft

@TheBlogfines
I still think they'll pick the best talent available. That's why it was Bryant and not Gray in the last draft.
Meant to post this on here yesterday... Theo said that Arodys Vizcaino has looked "electric" in instructs and hitting 98 mph on the gun, with good command. Sleeper for the bullpen next year.

I think people keep forgetting about him due to his injuries, but he was considered a top-50 prospect by many a couple years ago. Just a matter of staying healthy (and yes we've heard this one before, but just saying).

@TheBlogfines
Thanks for reminding me, I wanted to read Ace's write up about that Big Grin

Just read that Vitters will now be an outfielder. Must have missed that earlier this season, but that should be fun.

"If you throw at someone's head, it's very dangerous, because in the head is the brain." -- Pudge Rodriguez to AM 1270 WXYT in Detroit
BP released their Top Ten...anyone have a subscription?

I don't, but the list itself is:

1. Baez

2. Bryant

3. Almora

4. Soler

5. Edwards

6. Alcantara

7. Johnson

8. Vogelbach

9. Villanueva

10. Candelario

This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
The write up on Baez is supposed to be particularly good.

Are any of those dudes pitchers?

Quote:Are any of those dudes pitchers?

Edwards and Johnson.
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher