Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farm System
Quote:You can't add the two together because they are two totally different samples.

So let's say the argument was that the Cubs are much better defensively at home than they are at the road.  Are you saying that in order to assess a season's worth of games to analyze it, you'd have to actually finish 2 seasons because there'd have to be 162 games at home and 162 games on the road?

That doesn't make any sense.
This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
BAM! 3 run homer to Baez. He is pushing his average up to .300.

Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="CubbieBlues" data-cid="208744" data-time="1377129525">
You can't add the two together because they are two totally different samples.

So let's say the argument was that the Cubs are much better defensively at home than they are at the road.  Are you saying that in order to assess a season's worth of games to analyze it, you'd have to actually finish 2 seasons because there'd have to be 162 games at home and 162 games on the road?

That doesn't make any sense.</blockquote>
I can see your point with that analogy.
"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy
Ho hum. Baez 4-for-4 with 2 HRs.

This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
He might be good

If he's not in BA/BP type people's top 5, they are idiots.

Is he leading the minor leagues in HR's yet?  

Should be a fun HR competition next year between Baez and Bryant.
Thanks for that, Kid.  It was interesting.  We'd have to look at how many more runs were given up as a result of an inferior IF playing in the field in the NL park, but I think you could make a case that the DH, no DH thing evens itself out.

Quote:Is he leading the minor leagues in HR's yet?  
He is 2nd (after removing one Japanese and two Mexican minor league teams) with 33 HR. Link. The kid that beat him is 23 and drafted in the same draft as Javier as the 11th pick by Houston and is brought up to AAA this year. They look to be very similar players except Springer walks quite a bit more.

Baez looks like he may be a guy I am very glad I was wrong about.
"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy
Here's a look at his second HR from last night

http://www.milb.com/multimedia/vpp.jsp?c...934369&v=3
I just want to drink beer and play atari
Did anyone else notice the gun had the pitch at 148 MPH? Dude can throw some heat.

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy
Quote:Did anyone else notice the gun had the pitch at 148 MPH? Dude can throw some heat.

I wonder if the gun picked up the ball leaving Javy's bat.
I just want to drink beer and play atari
Quote:Did anyone else notice the gun had the pitch at 148 MPH? Dude can throw some heat.
If he can hit a 148 mph fastball it might be time to promote him to AAA.
Does anyone else think his swing will have to be changed quite a bit at the ML level?  That leg kick is very high, and he has quite a bit of extra movement.