Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farm System
Jock Itch pitched a no hitter to go along side of Baez's 4 hits.
I know people have been talking about possibly trading Javy, but I really don't want that to happen. I would love to see him play next to Castro for the next 15 years. If both can live up to their potential.

However...what to do about Bryant then???

I just want to drink beer and play atari
Almora to the DL (groin injury).

He has been tearing it up too this year (at the plate and his groin).

So, that puts him on the DL this year for a hamate, a groin, hemroids and I think a hamstring (did I miss anything). Is anyone else a little concerned about him being injury prone at 19 years old?

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy
Quote:So, that puts him on the DL this year for a hamate, a groin, hemroids and I think a hamstring (did I miss anything). Is anyone else a little concerned about him being injury prone at 19 years old?

Not really concerned. His hamate was a freak HBP injury. I don't think he was on the DL excecpt for the hamate and most recently the groin. IIRC, he only missed a game or two for the hemorrhoids and hammy.  

I am wondering when we'll get to see Jorge Soler again, though.
Sounds like Soler won't be back for regular action but will probably get in some AZ fall league PT though.
Quote:I know people have been talking about possibly trading Javy, but I really don't want that to happen. I would love to see him play next to Castro for the next 15 years. If both can live up to their potential.

However...what to do about Bryant then???
Move him to a corner OF position.  Its a good problem to have.  I don't buy all the Baez trade speculation because he's not "one of Theoyers guys".  That kid has serious superstar potential and has adjusted everytime he starts looking terrible.
Yep, and the only way Baez is traded is if we are getting an estsblished star in return. Either way it's a great problem to have.
Olt from yesterday:

1-2, HR, 2R, RBI, 0K, and 3BB

His eye must be doing better

Hope so, but it would be really nice to see his BA break above .200 and also start to get some production against RHs and away from home (OPS both around .600) first. He's like the 3B equivalent of B. Jax at this point.
Except he can coax walks.

B. Jax is no stranger to the BB either. It just seems every other part of his game has gone into the shitter.
Jackson has a good eye and power. If only he could make contact. Olt on the other hand, well, we will have to wait on his eyes.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy
Those eyes have seen a lot of love...

I picture a pissed-off Amazon bitch; uncontrollable, disobedient, boldly resisting any kind of emotional shackles...angrily begging for more ejaculate. -KB

Showing your teeth is a sign of weakness in primates. Whenever someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life. - Dwight

RIP Sarge
Rok, you're right...forgot he could.  Olt has never had a problem taking walks.  Its his ability to make contact this year that's been his problem.