Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farm System
That's the first re-ranking that I've seen that doesn't have Baez as our best prospect.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy
Yeah, I wondered about that myself. I think Law probably ranks Baez lower than the rest because of his plate discipline issues, but he clearly has the highest ceiling of the group.
On the MLB.com's Prospect Watch they barely have Alcantara cracking the top 20 in the Cubs organization (I don't think this has been updated in a while though). Their top three Cubs prospects are:

1) Baez

2) Almora

3) Soler

(list doesn't include Bryant yet)

Jonathan Mayo's name is attached to the website, so I imagine it's him and his team coming up with these rankings?

I just want to drink beer and play atari
I would argue that Bryant may have the highest ceiling if his power really is an 80 and he sticks at 3rd. 35-40 HRs a year from 3rd would be very nice to have.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy
Bryant has a higher floor, but Baez has a higher ceiling.

I'm a little surprised that he has Baez ranked the lowest of the four quite honestly.  Kid, could I bother you to post the top ten? 

Quote:keithlaw: As did Ryan Harvey RT @HartwellTimothy: I understand the strike out concern, but shouldn't Baez be higher? I mean he hit 4 HR in ONE game.
Quote: 

Bryant has a higher floor, but Baez has a higher ceiling.

I'm a little surprised that he has Baez ranked the lowest of the four quite honestly.  Kid, could I bother you to post the top ten? 

1. Byron Buxton, CF (MIN)

2. Oscar Taveras, OF (STL)

3. Xander Bogaerts, SS (BOS)

4. Miguel Sano, 3B (MIN)

5. Francisco Lindor, SS (CLE)

6. Addison Russell, SS (OAK)

7. Carlos Correa, SS (HOU)

8. Archie Bradley, RHP (ARZ)

9. Mark Appel, SP (HOU)

10. Taijuan Walker, RHP (SEA)
This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
Sano's contact skills would scare the crap out of me.

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy
Junior Lake being called up with Bogusevic to DL.

This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
Interesting Top 10. 

Excited to see what Lake can do. Sadly he's probably the only late season call-up worth watching of the possible handful of prospects at AAA deserving a shot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCMmQAwaMlo

Kris Bryant sighting at Arizona. Things come in 3's...

0-3 with 3 errors
Quote:Kris Bryant sighting at Arizona. Things come in 3's...

0-3 with 3 errors

He's already demonstrating that he's ready for the big leagues!

Maybe give him one more game in AZ and then Kris joins the team on the present road trip.
Quote:Kris Bryant sighting at Arizona. Things come in 3's...

0-3 with 3 errors
Nowhere to go but up.
I swear to god this front office has NO idea what they are doing!

I picture a pissed-off Amazon bitch; uncontrollable, disobedient, boldly resisting any kind of emotional shackles...angrily begging for more ejaculate. -KB

Showing your teeth is a sign of weakness in primates. Whenever someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life. - Dwight

RIP Sarge