Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farm System
I don't think so.  Maybe they just signed him to try and entice Soler?

Seems like a broken record at this point...Baez 2-3 with a double and RBI.  Promote this kid!

EDIT: And a stolen base to boot.

Sahadev Sharma ‏@<b>sahadevsharma</b> 2m

Soler has a stress fracture in left tibia. He'll be in a walking boot, it'll be 4-6 weeks before he can resume baseball activities.

He fouled a ball off his leg

This is no good.

I just want to drink beer and play atari
Cubs aren't saying whether or not Soler's season is over.

This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
Well, shit me.
It's just a flesh wound.

[Image: BDD_mp_flesh_5.3.jpg]

Next thing we know it's turned gangrene. When are they going to stop calling injury's minor before they get the full diagnosis?

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy
You've got to be bleeping me!!!

[Image: funny.gif]
Baez first AB in Tennessee

I can listen to that crack of the bat all day long

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o91s0broyZ4
I just hope they don't rush the kid.  There is no reason to see him anywhere near the majors this year and I would be fine if he didn't get a cup of coffee until September next year.  Give him another full year in the minors and then let him compete for a starting job in 2015.  

I don't believe that is the plan at all. Can't imagine the FO changing their timeframe given all that has been said. Anything can happen obviously, but mid-2014 at the earliest is when I'd expect to see Baez, and that is if everything goes right.
Going old school for this one.

[Image: t450.png]
Code:
                  R  H  E
Daytona (46-36)   7  8  1
Dunedin (43-39)   0  0  1
WP: Matt Loosen (3-2)
LP: Aaron Sanchez (2-3)
HR: DAY - Bijan Rademacher (1)

Loosen: 9.0 IP, 0 R, 0 ER (2.25 ERA), 0 H, 2 BB, 9 K
Rademacher: 1-2 (.227), 2 RBI (5), 2 R, 2 BB, K
Dustin Geiger: 2-4 (.282), 2B (20), R, BB, 2 K

This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
Nice!  Only 2 BB and an error for allowed base runners. 

I got nothin'.

Andy
I really liked Loosen coming into the year, and then he turned around and pitched like dog shit to start the season. He got demoted for a rehab assignment in Arizona and low-and-behold, he's been dominating ever since he came back up to Daytona. I don't think he's anything more than a mid rotation starter if he hits his absolute ceiling, but he could definitely be a good 8th/9th inning guy.

I hope he is brought back up to AA soon to face the challenges he had earlier in the year.

Jim Callis tweeted that when Bryant signs, he'll be the top Cubs prospect..slightly edging Baez.  I like Bryant, but I'm surprised that Callis sees him as a top ten prospect in all of baseball considering Baez is number 10.