Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farm System
Quote:Vitters is now in his 24 yo season and we can't say what he has looked like this year because he has only had 70 PA. What we have been able to see has been fine, but a wRC+ 105 is nothing to brag about. It's not *bad*, but it's also not screaming "I'm ready to be called up". Even if it were over 300 PA, his numbers say average in a hitter friendly league. I haven't written him off yet, but I'm also not holding my breath.

The thing about Vitters is, when he was initially drafted, expectations for a 3B prospect were through the roof. You were hoping for a .900 OPS player that could hit 35-40 dingers a year. That expectation has deflated big time to the point where our very own Luis Valbuena is a top 10 3B in all of MLB in terms of WAR.

The biggest assets Vitters has ever had were his bat speed and his contact ability. If he can pair that with a decent approach (which he's displayed this year albeit in a small sample size), I think he can be a successful starter still. Not to the scope we all hope for, but still an asset.

I personally have higher hopes for Junior Lake, but Vitters is not a closed book.

And I don't think anyone claimed he was still going to be a star, just that he's not Hayden Simpson quite yet.

So after we ripped Jackson, he answers with a 4 hit game. He must be reading the boards.
He's kind of fallen off the everyone's radar, but Matt Szczur is having a pretty nice leadoff hitter type year.
Baez with 3 HRs tonight.  Beast.

Quote:Baez with 3 HRs tonight.  Beast.

WRONG!

Baez with 4 HRs tonight.
This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
Don't hear about that too often in the minors (or majors).
I got nothin'.

Andy
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="funkster" data-cid="205367" data-time="1370911329">
<div>
Baez with 3 HRs tonight.  Beast.

WRONG!

Baez with 4 HRs tonight.

</div>
</blockquote>
Insane!  Twitter was absolutely buzzing about it.
His OPS is now above .900, so I'm guessing he won't be falling off any top prospect lists anytime soon.

Bubba Starling currently sports a .637 OPS.  Yikes.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10100554751535366

He has a crazy long load time.

If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
Quote:He has a crazy long load time.

Kind of reminds me a softball swing. He coils his leg before the pitcher releases it. Then just unleashes.....
I just want to drink beer and play atari
Seems like he's cut down on his K rate too.  Nice to see him making adjustments.

It will be interesting to see how he plays the next couple of games. Whether he will be swinging for the fences or be patient with pitch selection.