Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farm System
More bad news. 4th round steal Josh Conway was injured due to shitty mound conditions (thanks AZ grounds crew). Sounded as though he was on the verge of getting promoted to either KC or Daytona. Anyway, it appears to be throwing arm related, and also keep in mind he already had TJS before being drafted. Should know more next week.
I though Soler would keep his numbers up and be promoted by mid-late May, seems that wont be happening his avg has been hovering around .250-.260 and he has not done much since coming back from his suspension. Meanwhile Baez keeps on doing his best Brett Jackson impression... 

Baez managed not to strike out yesterday, and went 1-4 with a HR.

Meanwhile, Tennessee is having a rough go. They have lost their last three games by a combined score of 0-30. They haven't scored a run since Friday (5/3). They lost yesterday 16-0, and the game was called after the 5th....yeesh.
I just want to drink beer and play atari
They miss Michael Brenly.

They must be lacking in the TWTW department.
Brenly definitely did bring up the SCrAP+ value.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy
Read a rumor that Maples might be getting bumped to Kane County soon.

Maybe we'll get to see him at SOITOKC.
Saw Iowa play last night, completely dominated. Vitters 0-3, Jackson DNP (is he hurt?), Watkins 0-4, Struck 5.2 IP/5 ER/6 K/3 BB/8 Hits.

They're in a rain delay today, but will play it looks like.

"If you throw at someone's head, it's very dangerous, because in the head is the brain." -- Pudge Rodriguez to AM 1270 WXYT in Detroit
Quote: Jackson DNP (is he hurt?)
Read he's out with turf toe.
Double and a triple for Baez so far.  Soler still rakin.

So, I saw Iowa play the last 4 games. They are awful. We better pray Soler, Baez, etc are as good as advertised. No hope in AAA.

"If you throw at someone's head, it's very dangerous, because in the head is the brain." -- Pudge Rodriguez to AM 1270 WXYT in Detroit
Quote:So, I saw Iowa play the last 4 games. They are awful. We better pray Soler, Baez, etc are as good as advertised. No hope in AAA.
Future prospects hardly ever play in AAA.  Usually the best talent in any organization is in AA and high A
Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them.
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="CFOrfan" data-cid="204289" data-time="1368299674">
<div>
So, I saw Iowa play the last 4 games. They are awful. We better pray Soler, Baez, etc are as good as advertised. No hope in AAA.
Future prospects hardly ever play in AAA.  Usually the best talent in any organization is in AA and high A

</div>
</blockquote>
I don't think that's true.  Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. It depends on the organization. "Hardly ever' is definitely an overstatement. 

Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Bricklayer" data-cid="204291" data-time="1368317028">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="CFOrfan" data-cid="204289" data-time="1368299674">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>
I don't think that's true.  Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. It depends on the organization. "Hardly ever' is definitely an overstatement. 

</div>
</blockquote>
I'm going stand by my statement.  AAA is not really the place for developing future prospects.  It's where you put the remains of your 40 man roster and recovering vets.  For the most part, a AAA roster has major league ready talent, obviously the word "talent" is relative.  So unless the player is being blocked by someone on the 25 man roster, any prospect with real potential at that level is probably already going to be on the major league roster.
Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them.