Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farm System
Also...apparently Soler was benched Sunday because manager Kave Keller felt Soler didn't hustle down the line in two at-bats Saturday.

I'm cool with that. I wonder if Keller was following protocol from Theo's "The Cubs Way" manual (or whatever it was called).
I just want to drink beer and play atari
Baez named player of the week.

I know Dillon Maples is in extended ST, but I can't find anything about his performances so far.  Kind of weird.

Quote:DILLION MAPLES
3.86 ERA - 1.71 WHIP

4.2 IP, 5 H, 2 R (2 ER), 3 BB, 8 K, 1 WP, 87 pitches (61% strikes), 4/2 GO/FO

2 GAMES (2 GS)

I got nothin'.

Andy
KC had a doubleheader yesterday and Vogelbach hit a HR in each of them.

In Tennessee, Jokisch (who leads the farm system in ERA), was roughed up a little for his first loss of the season:
5.0, 6H, 3ER, 1K and 1BB.
So is this Hendricks kid who almost tossed s no-hitter someone to watch or just another potential flameout? Our organizational pitching depth still concerns me.
Quote:So is this Hendricks kid who almost tossed s no-hitter someone to watch or just another potential flameout? Our organizational pitching depth still concerns me.
I think he came over in the Dempster deal after we sent that other kid back.  Could be wrong, but I remember hearing he wasn't just a thrown in.

Thanks Andy, where did you find that?  I looked through AZ Phil's posts and still couldn't find shit on him.
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rok" data-cid="203907" data-time="1367324971">
<div>
So is this Hendricks kid who almost tossed s no-hitter someone to watch or just another potential flameout? Our organizational pitching depth still concerns me.
I think he came over in the Dempster deal after we sent that other kid back.  Could be wrong, but I remember hearing he wasn't just a thrown in.

Thanks Andy, where did you find that?  I looked through AZ Phil's posts and still couldn't find shit on him.

</div>
</blockquote>

Hendricks was traded with Villanueva for Dempster.

Funk, you're thinking of Barret Loux, who came over after the Cubs returned Jake Brigham to the Rangers. The Cubs received Brigham in the Soto deal.

One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer

Ah yeah you're right.  I'm pretty sure he was considered decent and not just a throw in.

Bats came up big yesterday down in the Farm

KC won 13-9.
Vogelbach went 4-6, HR (3 in 2 days), 1 R, 2 RBI, 0 Ks. On the year he's .315/.354/.494

Soler and Baez each had an RBI double in Daytona for their only hits. Daytona won 11-4

Iowa won 9-4. Strange considering the top four in the lineup went 0-15 with 7 Ks (3 were B Jax's). Stewart is now batting .100...yeesh!!
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rok" data-cid="203907" data-time="1367324971">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

You were on the right track.

http://www.thecubreporter.com/04292013/2...s-thru-427
I got nothin'.

Andy
Awesome..thanks.

Quote:So is this Hendricks kid who almost tossed s no-hitter someone to watch or just another potential flameout? Our organizational pitching depth still concerns me.

I know others have answered, but just wanted to add: he's not org depth, but he's not exactly a top flight prospect. The guy has godly control on his pitches, but scouting reports describe that his stuff and velocity are not very stellar. His ceiling I've heard is a 4/5 spot pitcher. If the Cubs find a sucker to overpay for a guy like Wood, he Hendricks may be a nice cheap replacement for him at the back of the rotation.
Ha we sure have plenty of SP in the minors who project as a 4/5.  Won't be running out of those anytime soon!

Quote:Ha we sure have plenty of SP in the minors who project as a 4/5. Won't be running out of those anytime soon!
Speaking of which....

Solid outing for Pierce Johnson yesterday
6.2, 4 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 4Ks