Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farm System
Quote:B Jax get hurt over the weekend? I see he had only one AB on Saturday and didn't play Sunday.
I thought I read he has a sprained toe or something.
Quote: 

<div style="font-family:Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-size:11px;">Jesse Rogers ‏@<b>ESPNChiCubs</b>34m
<p style="font-family:Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-size:11px;">In between his suspension, Jorge Soler has a 10 game hitting streak to open the season..hitting .378 for Daytona

<p style="font-family:Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-size:11px;"> 

<p style="font-family:Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-size:11px;"> 

<p style="font-family:Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-size:11px;">Atleast we have something going well.

</div>

Unfortunately that came to an end yesterday.

However, Baez went 3-5, 1 2B, 2R, RBI (1K, 0BB)
I just want to drink beer and play atari
The Shoulders and Vogelbach show continues in KC.

Vogelbach: 2-4, HR, 2RBI, 1R and 0 Ks

Shoulders: 1 R and 3 BB!!!

Rock leads the Cubs' farm system with a .410 BA, and an OBP of .486!!

And he has the awesomest name in pro ball.
Quote:And he has the awesomest name in pro ball.

without question
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rok" data-cid="203631" data-time="1366720492">
<div>
And he has the awesomest name in pro ball.

without question

</div>
</blockquote>

Where have you gone, Rusty Kuntz?

This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
Baez's average is slowly climbing (.238). He went 2-4 yesterday with a solo shot. But the youngster strikes out a ton though. One walk and 15 KS in his last 10 games.

Sweeney had a ridiculous day yesterday for Iowa:
4-5, HR, 2R and 4 RBI

He's been terrorizing AAA ball since coming to the Cubs:
.404/.456/.750
Quote:Baez's average is slowly climbing (.238).

He went 2-4 yesterday with a solo shot.

and 2 strike outs. As long as he's striking out 30% of the time in A ball I will have a hard time believing he's our savior. 

OTOH, Soler has a fancy split of .300/.386/.480 with 7 bb compared to 9 k's. The sample size is tiny, but if he keeps this up he may be playing RF in Wrigley come mid 2014. 
Exactly...I'm beginning to think Soler is the Cubs #1 prospect.
Keep in mind Baez is just starting his second year in pro ball.  He's not even 21 yet.

Quote:Keep in mind Baez is just starting his second year in pro ball.  He's not even 21 yet.
3rd year and he's the same age (9 months younger) as Soler, who's in his 2nd year.  Smile

I got nothin'.

Andy
Trade Baez for Stanton!

If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="funkster" data-cid="203778" data-time="1366990567">
<div>
Keep in mind Baez is just starting his second year in pro ball.  He's not even 21 yet.
3rd year and he's the same age (9 months younger) as Soler, who's in his 2nd year.  Smile

</div>
</blockquote>
Yeah and he also got a bit more polished playing ball in Cuba.  And you can't possibly count 2011 as his third year man...he played in 5 games.  Just sayin.
Baez with a double and a single so far.

Quote:Baez with a double and a single so far.

He's starting to heat up. Over the last week he's 10/23 (.434 BA), .480 OBP, 3 2B, 2 HR, 6 SOs.