Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smoltz - Leaning to Signing with Cardinals
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4408342

Looks like Smoltz will be deciding which team he should sign with today. Appears that he will be joining the Cardinals over the Rangers, Dodgers. According to rumors he will be a Cardinal before days end.

Let's see a team operating out of small market who previously stated to have financial issues due to debt obligations for new stadium are able to sign Holliday, DeRosa, Lugo and soon Smoltz during the season

The Cubs operating out of one of the largest markets in the US, having one of the largest followings and with a perpetually sold out, anf fully paid off stadiums cite payroll issues for not being able to be more active during are able to trade deadline. Lucky they were able to trade for Tom Gorzellany and John Grabow.

Should someone tell the Cubs that Lugo and Smoltz were had for a hand of beans and they are better than what the Cubs have for infielders or in the bullpen. <i>Yeah, I know that Smotz wants to start but I want to wake up with a couple of naked supermodels on a daily basis - I'm not expecting either will happen. </i>

Beginning to feel like the 1980s and 1990s again but it was nice to see the Cubs waste some money and see them win for a couple of years.

Messages In This Thread
Smoltz - Leaning to Signing with Cardinals - by 1060Ivy - 08-19-2009, 10:40 AM