Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Try and get through this article
<!--quoteo(post=59964:date=Aug 25 2009, 01:21 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Aug 25 2009, 01:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I think it's cool that one of the new owners is a lesbian.

Neither the Mariotti article nor the Steve Stone for GM article bothered me. They were both interesting takes on the Cub situation. Both basically said that sweeping changes are needed, and I know it's the minority opinion around here, but I am in that camp. Stone wouldn't be my first choice for GM, but I think he could possibly be a good GM.

From what I've seen, "spending money wisely" seems to be the single most important quality a GM can possess. Jim lacks this skill, obviously, so it tends to overshadow his other strengths.

I'm very curious how the new owners will operate. I just pray that they don't hire someone that Selid/Reinsdorf are pushing, because neither have the Cub's best interests in mind. At all.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

wait. KB is FOR getting rid of Hendry? What kind of topsy turvy world are we living in? Next thing you know, the sun will rise in the east.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
And now that I have read those 2 articles, I'm saddened that you were OK with them KB.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
<!--quoteo(post=59966:date=Aug 25 2009, 01:33 PM:name=BT)-->QUOTE (BT @ Aug 25 2009, 01:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->And now that I have read those 2 articles, I'm saddened that you were OK with them KB.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
And I'm saddened that you think we should go into another decade trotting out the same old/same old. Deeply saddened. But we'll both get over it, I presume.

There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
Mariotti loves to make shit up. I swear he pulls out old articles and just slaps a new date on them and makes a few minor updates and runs the same crap about the Cubs all the fucking time.

Go away.
<!--quoteo(post=59964:date=Aug 25 2009, 02:21 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Aug 25 2009, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Neither the Mariotti article nor the Steve Stone for GM article bothered me. They were both interesting takes on the Cub situation. Both basically said that sweeping changes are needed, and I know it's the minority opinion around here, but I am in that camp. Stone wouldn't be my first choice for GM, but I think he could possibly be a good GM.

From what I've seen, "spending money wisely" seems to be the single most important quality a GM can possess. Jim lacks this skill, obviously, so it tends to overshadow his other strengths.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I'm relatively certain that we could see an article suggesting that the Cubs replace Hendry with O.J. Simpson, Michael Jackson's corpse, or an inanimate carbon rod, and we'd get pretty much the same reply from KB.
This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
Hey, KB? Here's all you need to know about Steve Stone as a GM. He would've traded Aramis Ramirez for Cesar Izturis a few years ago.

That sure would've put an interesting wrinkle in our Izturis discussion...
<!--quoteo(post=59974:date=Aug 25 2009, 01:56 PM:name=Kid)-->QUOTE (Kid @ Aug 25 2009, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=59964:date=Aug 25 2009, 02:21 PM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Aug 25 2009, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Neither the Mariotti article nor the Steve Stone for GM article bothered me. They were both interesting takes on the Cub situation. Both basically said that sweeping changes are needed, and I know it's the minority opinion around here, but I am in that camp. Stone wouldn't be my first choice for GM, but I think he could possibly be a good GM.

From what I've seen, "spending money wisely" seems to be the single most important quality a GM can possess. Jim lacks this skill, obviously, so it tends to overshadow his other strengths.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I'm relatively certain that we could see an article suggesting that the Cubs replace Hendry with O.J. Simpson, Michael Jackson's corpse, or an inanimate carbon rod, and we'd get pretty much the same reply from KB.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]
You get a pass because it's your birthday. But fuck BT!

Just kidding, BT. Nah, you guys are correct that I would be happy to see a different mindset in the front office. Nothing against Hendry, who has done some good things, and seems like a nice fellow.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo(post=59974:date=Aug 25 2009, 02:56 PM:name=Kid)-->QUOTE (Kid @ Aug 25 2009, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm relatively certain that we could see an article suggesting that the Cubs replace Hendry with O.J. Simpson, Michael Jackson's corpse, or an inanimate carbon rod, and we'd get pretty much the same reply from KB.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Stupid carbon rod. It's all just a popularity contest!
One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer

<!--quoteo(post=59974:date=Aug 25 2009, 02:56 PM:name=Kid)-->QUOTE (Kid @ Aug 25 2009, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=59964:date=Aug 25 2009, 02:21 PM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Aug 25 2009, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Neither the Mariotti article nor the Steve Stone for GM article bothered me. They were both interesting takes on the Cub situation. Both basically said that sweeping changes are needed, and I know it's the minority opinion around here, but I am in that camp. Stone wouldn't be my first choice for GM, but I think he could possibly be a good GM.

That made me spit diet pepsi all over my desk.
I'm 100% fine with this. I'm just glad there's an actual plan in place that isn't, "Let's load up on retreads and hope we get lucky." I'm a little tired of that plan.

Butcher
<!--quoteo(post=59964:date=Aug 25 2009, 11:21 AM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Aug 25 2009, 11:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I think it's cool that one of the new owners is a lesbian.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Just announced is the Doc Johnson strap-on dildo night, for the first 10,000 lesbians through the gate.
Fat Bastard is an immensely obese, hardly able to walk (weighing a metric ton) gardener and henchman hailing from Scotland. His extreme size endows Fat Bastard with super-human strength as exhibited by his prowess in the Sumo ring from Goldmember. This makes him a formidable enemy for Austin Powers. Fat Bastard is noted for his foul temper, his frequent flatulence, his vulgar and revolting bad manners and his unusual eating habits, which include taste for Human infants (which he calls "the other other white meat") or anything that looks like a baby, e.g. small people. Fat Bastard has been a regular at Cub games since the early 80's when he tried several times (unsuccessfully) to eat the visiting San Diego Chicken.
<!--quoteo(post=59989:date=Aug 25 2009, 04:06 PM:name=MW4)-->QUOTE (MW4 @ Aug 25 2009, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=59964:date=Aug 25 2009, 11:21 AM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Aug 25 2009, 11:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I think it's cool that one of the new owners is a lesbian.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Just announced is the Doc Johnson strap-on dildo night, for the first 10,000 lesbians through the gate.

Huh? You might want to stick to your Remaining Games Stats thread.
<!--quoteo(post=59970:date=Aug 25 2009, 01:47 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Aug 25 2009, 01:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=59966:date=Aug 25 2009, 01:33 PM:name=BT)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BT @ Aug 25 2009, 01:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->And now that I have read those 2 articles, I'm saddened that you were OK with them KB.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
And I'm saddened that you think we should go into another decade trotting out the same old/same old. Deeply saddened. But we'll both get over it, I presume.

wanting to get rid of Hendry, and thinking Mariotti and Rosenbloom are anything other than douchebags, are not necessarily the same thing.

You can write a nice critique of what Hendry has done wrong. Neither of those fucks managed to do that.
<!--quoteo(post=59954:date=Aug 25 2009, 12:38 PM:name=ColoradoCub)-->QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Aug 25 2009, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->And better yet, Rosendouche thinks Ricketts should hire Steve Stone to be the new GM:

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune....-president.html<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I happen to agree with that one.
I once was in the Stone for GM camp, but his recent Sox douchebaggery has me wondering about his sanity.
Fat Bastard is an immensely obese, hardly able to walk (weighing a metric ton) gardener and henchman hailing from Scotland. His extreme size endows Fat Bastard with super-human strength as exhibited by his prowess in the Sumo ring from Goldmember. This makes him a formidable enemy for Austin Powers. Fat Bastard is noted for his foul temper, his frequent flatulence, his vulgar and revolting bad manners and his unusual eating habits, which include taste for Human infants (which he calls "the other other white meat") or anything that looks like a baby, e.g. small people. Fat Bastard has been a regular at Cub games since the early 80's when he tried several times (unsuccessfully) to eat the visiting San Diego Chicken.