Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm beginning to understand the Sux & Cards angst
Living in WI, I've never fully understood the angst, sometimes bordering on hate, you IL guys feel for White Sox and Cardinal fans. Things have begun to change the past 3-4 years for me.

The fan base for the Brewers has gone from nearly non-existent, but knowledgeable fans to tons who know nothing. Just about everyone in this state is currently wearing a Brewer hat or shirt. Most of them could not name anyone on the team other than Braun and Fielder. The fact that they call him Brauny annoys me. Just about everything annoys me about Brewer fans.

I'm an avid sports talk listener. The station I listen to in Mid-April had an entire 2 hour segment devoted to the radio guys and callers doing nothing more than talking about how "baseball isn't fun and they just weren't feeling baseball this season". So for the remainder of that week, they probably spoke about baseball a total of 15 minutes during a 5 hour show.

Turn your clocks ahead 1 month. The ONLY thing talked about now is how great the Brewers are. But now, instead of modestly intelligent people calling in, complete morons are calling in. Yesterday a caller referred to Braun-Fielder-Hart as Murderer's Row. Another caller thought they should be able to convert Matt Gamel to a second basemen.

I wear Cubs stuff on a daily basis and there isn't a day that goes by in which someone doesn't taunt me. It's unbelievable to me. I'm starting to understand how a person could dislike another person simply because of their fandom. I really don't like Brewer fans and can't stand the Brewers. I need them to lose and lose a lot so I don't have to put up with all the Bandwagoning, dumbass Brewer fans.
I got nothin'.

Andy

Messages In This Thread
I'm beginning to understand the Sux & Cards angst - by Andy - 05-21-2009, 02:51 PM