Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The New Middle Reliever
Didn't see this posted anywhere yet, but this seems like a real longshot.
http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/arti..._eye/?page=full
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->2. Kerry Wood, RHP, Indians — He would make a lot of sense for the Twins, as closer Joe Nathan will likely undergo season-ending Tommy John surgery. Wood makes $10.5 million, and with Minnesota’s budget stretched to $96 million and change — highest in team history — the Indians would have to pick up a good slab of it. The Twins are considering in-house candidates, but don’t be surprised if they look around. Wood also is drawing interest from his former team, the Cubs.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--quoteo(post=82788:date=Mar 14 2010, 09:54 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Mar 14 2010, 09:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Didn't see this posted anywhere yet, but this seems like a real longshot.
http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/arti..._eye/?page=full
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->2. Kerry Wood, RHP, Indians — He would make a lot of sense for the Twins, as closer Joe Nathan will likely undergo season-ending Tommy John surgery. Wood makes $10.5 million, and with Minnesota’s budget stretched to $96 million and change — highest in team history — the Indians would have to pick up a good slab of it. The Twins are considering in-house candidates, but don’t be surprised if they look around. Wood also is drawing interest from his former team, the Cubs.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Well the one thing you gotta love about Kerry is that you know he'll stay healthy...

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Kerry Wood was scratched from a scheduled one-inning appearance Saturday due to soreness in his right arm.
The Indians are calling it "spring-training soreness," which indicates to us that they're not all that concerned. Still, Wood turns 33 this season and his long history of arm issues is well chronicled. Chris Perez is the closer in waiting in Cleveland and could step in if the problem persists into the regular season's opening week. We'll be keeping a sharp eye on this one. Mar. 13 - 6:21 pm et<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
@TheBlogfines
Only way he gets brought back is if Cleveland eats most of that contract
Kerry's out up to 2 months with a strained muscle in his back. Just never ends...
@TheBlogfines
Poor guy. It's weird that his conversion to a reliever (the second time) was like a last ditch effort to save his career. Do you guys remember when it was like, "oh Kerry, he's definitely done"? It just seems weird how done he seemed. I don't really have a point.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo(post=83426:date=Mar 20 2010, 02:09 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Mar 20 2010, 02:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Poor guy. It's weird that his conversion to a reliever (the second time) was like a last ditch effort to save his career. Do you guys remember when it was like, "oh Kerry, he's definitely done"? It just seems weird how done he seemed. I don't really have a point.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Im happy that he was atleast able to come back as a reliever after everyone said he was for sure 'done' and really help the '08 team and get himself another contract and have a decent '09.

Sucks that hes injured, I would have loved to seen him back in a Cubs uniform (if healthy), hopefully he'll be able to overcome this injury and pitch the rest of the season when hes back.
Picture a scenario where Wood is released by Indians due to shoulder/arm injuries in May. Cubs take a flier on him and he pitches his way to a Cubs World Series win. Woody closes out the final game while I'm sitting in row A, section 22 of Wrigley with a couple of 19 year old prostitutes orally pleasuring me.

Hey, a guy can dream! Can't he?
Ivy, that would be every man's dream come true!
Why do they have to be prostitutes?
<!--quoteo(post=83479:date=Mar 20 2010, 06:21 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Mar 20 2010, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Why do they have to be prostitutes?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Then change "prostitutes" to "drag queens." Happy?
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=83481:date=Mar 20 2010, 07:31 PM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Mar 20 2010, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=83479:date=Mar 20 2010, 06:21 PM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ Mar 20 2010, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Why do they have to be prostitutes?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Then change "prostitutes" to "drag queens." Happy?

Happy-er.
<!--quoteo(post=83479:date=Mar 20 2010, 06:21 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Mar 20 2010, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Why do they have to be prostitutes?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

As I doubt if my wife would agree to do so with an national audience of 17 - 25 MM people watch.
<!--quoteo(post=83494:date=Mar 20 2010, 09:10 PM:name=1060Ivy)-->QUOTE (1060Ivy @ Mar 20 2010, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=83479:date=Mar 20 2010, 06:21 PM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ Mar 20 2010, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Why do they have to be prostitutes?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

As I doubt if my wife would agree to do so with an national audience of 17 - 25 MM people watch.

Yes, but it's <i>your </i>fantasy. And you went with... hookers?
Never called it my fantasy.

Fantasies have no chance of happening.

A dream has a less than one percent chance. It's almost as likely but very different.
The prostitutes names are Bruce and Jamal. They have pretty lips.