Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spring Training 2010
Marshall's only flaw as a starter is his inability to go deep. Otherwise, he's been an above average starter in the majors.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo(post=83015:date=Mar 16 2010, 08:41 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Mar 16 2010, 08:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Marshall's only flaw as a starter is his inability to go deep. Otherwise, he's been an above average starter in the majors.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Well, given the state of our bullpen, we are going to need starters that can regularly go 6. He has trouble from the 5th on, it seems.

Looking at his situational stats, he starts to lose it around the 75 pitch mark, so unless he can figure out how to handle teams the 2nd and 3rd time through the order, his value will be in the pen. I like him there.
If I recall correctly Gorzelanny has gotten shellacked this spring.
Ironically, the best lefty so far this spring will be the one who will miss out in Russell.
<!--quoteo(post=83028:date=Mar 17 2010, 12:42 AM:name=funkster)-->QUOTE (funkster @ Mar 17 2010, 12:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->If I recall correctly Gorzelanny has gotten shellacked this spring.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
No he hasn't. He hasn't been better than Marshall, but he hasn't been bad.
http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/polit...ended-3-16-2010

Update on the Bill to keep Cubs in Mesa. It is being amended as follows, which ironically now includes relief for Pima County, after the Chicago White Sox, Arizona Diamondbacks and Colorado Rockies each left their Tucson locations for new facilities. Further proof that Reinsdorf is full of shit and is the devil incarnate.

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->More information on House Bill 2736, with the amendment:
• The ticket surcharge is a user fee, paid by those who choose to attend Cactus League games, and the amended bill would eliminate the concerns of the rental car industry.
• The ticket surcharge helps keep the Cactus League viable and ensures that spring training baseball, including Cubs baseball, can be enjoyed in Arizona for years to come.
• The amendment would help Pima County retire the debt from spring training facilities left empty when teams leave Tucson for Maricopa County.
• With the average spring training ticket costing approximately $20, the surcharge fans would pay is less than half the cost of a spring training hot dog.
• The amended bill would generate approximately the same amount over 30 years as the funds generated for the Cactus League by Prop. 302 (passed by Maricopa County voters in 2000) over the same number of years.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--quoteo(post=83035:date=Mar 17 2010, 08:44 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Mar 17 2010, 08:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/polit...ended-3-16-2010

Update on the Bill to keep Cubs in Mesa. It is being amended as follows, which ironically now includes relief for Pima County, after the Chicago White Sox, Arizona Diamondbacks and Colorado Rockies each left their Tucson locations for new facilities. Further proof that Reinsdorf is full of shit and is the devil incarnate.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->More information on House Bill 2736, with the amendment:
• The ticket surcharge is a user fee, paid by those who choose to attend Cactus League games, and the amended bill would eliminate the concerns of the rental car industry.
• The ticket surcharge helps keep the Cactus League viable and ensures that spring training baseball, including Cubs baseball, can be enjoyed in Arizona for years to come.
• The amendment would help Pima County retire the debt from spring training facilities left empty when teams leave Tucson for Maricopa County.
• With the average spring training ticket costing approximately $20, the surcharge fans would pay is less than half the cost of a spring training hot dog.
• The amended bill would generate approximately the same amount over 30 years as the funds generated for the Cactus League by Prop. 302 (passed by Maricopa County voters in 2000) over the same number of years.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
How are you guys coming along with your spring training hot dogs? Last night I went two for two. I'm not quite in mid-season form but I'm on track.
<!--quoteo(post=83015:date=Mar 16 2010, 06:41 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Mar 16 2010, 06:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Marshall's only flaw ... is his inability to go deep.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That's what <b><i>she </i></b>said
Fat Bastard is an immensely obese, hardly able to walk (weighing a metric ton) gardener and henchman hailing from Scotland. His extreme size endows Fat Bastard with super-human strength as exhibited by his prowess in the Sumo ring from Goldmember. This makes him a formidable enemy for Austin Powers. Fat Bastard is noted for his foul temper, his frequent flatulence, his vulgar and revolting bad manners and his unusual eating habits, which include taste for Human infants (which he calls "the other other white meat") or anything that looks like a baby, e.g. small people. Fat Bastard has been a regular at Cub games since the early 80's when he tried several times (unsuccessfully) to eat the visiting San Diego Chicken.
D-Lee with a BOMB to left-center, his 3rd of the spring.
@TheBlogfines
Wells loads 'em up with no outs and pitches out of it. Icewater.
Dagum it Stone Pony!
Good lord... Marlon Byrd with about the worst throw from center in the history of baseball. I love our defense!
@TheBlogfines
Nice throw, Castro. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Nice throw, Byrd. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]
<!--quoteo(post=83361:date=Mar 19 2010, 03:22 PM:name=jstraw)-->QUOTE (jstraw @ Mar 19 2010, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Nice throw, Castro. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Nice throw, Byrd. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I missed Castro's. Even better!
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=83360:date=Mar 19 2010, 04:21 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Mar 19 2010, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Good lord... Marlon Byrd with about the worst throw from center in the history of baseball. I love our defense!<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It was closer to third than home.