Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cubs are in Negotiations with Calero
http://www.bleachernation.com/2010/01/20/c...th-kiko-calero/

For the right money, this is one of the few reliever moves I wouldn't hate.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
Clearly, a nice option, "for the right money"... Maybe the kind of deal that might free up some money for Sheets?
Meh, whatever.
WE ARE WINNING THIS MOTHERFUCKING DIVISION!
So we should expect 3/14?
Who?
Lifetime NL ERA of 2.44 with a WHIP of 1.058.

Besides the arm trouble, sign me up.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
Yes. I'd love him on a nice, low-cost 1-year contract, or even a contract with a team or vesting option.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

7 yrs / 75 mio. Sign me up!
Just to add, it is so typical of us to sign players coming off of career years and then end up disappointed when they don't live up to those unrealistic expectations. We'd better not overpay for a 35 year old RP with a history of injuries.
But we're really paying for the really cool name.
I picture a pissed-off Amazon bitch; uncontrollable, disobedient, boldly resisting any kind of emotional shackles...angrily begging for more ejaculate. -KB

Showing your teeth is a sign of weakness in primates. Whenever someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life. - Dwight

RIP Sarge
Nothing new really...

<!--QuoteBegin-Stark+-->QUOTE (Stark)<!--QuoteEBegin-->Relief in sight: The Cubs continue to shop for set-up relievers. But if they can't work something out with Chan Ho Park, Kiko Calero or some other free agent, we're hearing they also have some trade options out there. We're hearing they've checked in with Toronto on Scott Downs and Jason Frasor, two guys the Blue Jays have been telling teams are available.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Doesn't seem like we were really in negotiations.
Mets signed him to a minor league deal