Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Musta Been a Sox Fan
Muskrat blog

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Sam Fuld's wife Sarah was walking on the outfield berm on Thursday with the couple's 3-month-old son Charlie during the seventh inning of the Cubs' game against the Athletics at HoHoKam Park. Sam then launched a home run, a two-run shot, and it landed close to where Sarah and Charlie were. A woman grabbed the ball, and Sarah tried to bargain for the souvenir. After all, it was Charlie's first game to see his Daddy and Sam had delivered. Sarah offered an autographed ball in return, a photo with Sam, anything. "The mom wanted no part of that," Sam said Friday.

So, the Fulds saved the ticket stub instead as a souvenir.

Think about this: Fuld went 101 at-bats before he got his first RBI on Oct. 4 in the Cubs' season finale -- which also came on a home run.

"I'm just a home run machine," Fuld joked.

He was one of five Cubs to homer in Thursday's game.

"I was trying to keep up the pace," he said.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I got nothin'.

Andy
<!--quoteo(post=81677:date=Mar 5 2010, 10:48 AM:name=Andy)-->QUOTE (Andy @ Mar 5 2010, 10:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Muskrat blog

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->Sam Fuld's wife Sarah was walking on the outfield berm on Thursday with the couple's 3-month-old son Charlie during the seventh inning of the Cubs' game against the Athletics at HoHoKam Park. Sam then launched a home run, a two-run shot, and it landed close to where Sarah and Charlie were. A woman grabbed the ball, and Sarah tried to bargain for the souvenir. After all, it was Charlie's first game to see his Daddy and Sam had delivered. Sarah offered an autographed ball in return, a photo with Sam, anything. "The mom wanted no part of that," Sam said Friday.

So, the Fulds saved the ticket stub instead as a souvenir.

Think about this: Fuld went 101 at-bats before he got his first RBI on Oct. 4 in the Cubs' season finale -- which also came on a home run.

"I'm just a home run machine," Fuld joked.

He was one of five Cubs to homer in Thursday's game.

"I was trying to keep up the pace," he said.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Substitute another ball...Charlie will never grow up to Google this.