Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheets
<!--quoteo(post=76222:date=Jan 15 2010, 11:37 AM:name=Jody)-->QUOTE (Jody @ Jan 15 2010, 11:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Isn't he your neighbor Butch? Why don't do just kill his cat and stuff it into his mailbox. He'll get the hint then!<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
[Image: map.jpg]
Now...all I need is to lure his cat out of the house...

Of course, I've just established a pre-meditated crime on a public forum...
I'm also thinking Ricketts should consider getting his address unlisted to keep him safe from psycho Cubs fans.
And so it shall be done. Just use Phan, he's good at getting pussy.
I picture a pissed-off Amazon bitch; uncontrollable, disobedient, boldly resisting any kind of emotional shackles...angrily begging for more ejaculate. -KB

Showing your teeth is a sign of weakness in primates. Whenever someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life. - Dwight

RIP Sarge
Does your hatred stem solely from the talk of moving ST to Florida?
<!--quoteo(post=76271:date=Jan 15 2010, 04:18 PM:name=funkster)-->QUOTE (funkster @ Jan 15 2010, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Does your hatred stem solely from the talk of moving ST to Florida?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I don't really hate them. Yet.

I guess I was hoping to see some wholesale changes right off the bat. I know that isn't really realistic, though...
<!--quoteo(post=76226:date=Jan 15 2010, 11:49 AM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jan 15 2010, 11:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=76222:date=Jan 15 2010, 11:37 AM:name=Jody)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jody @ Jan 15 2010, 11:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Isn't he your neighbor Butch? Why don't do just kill his cat and stuff it into his mailbox. He'll get the hint then!<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
[Image: map.jpg]
Now...all I need is to lure his cat out of the house...

Of course, I've just established a pre-meditated crime on a public forum...
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Just forge a cat suicide note.

Tom,

I can't stand the thought of another Cub's season without a chance of winning the world series. Why couldn't you just pony up the money for Ben Sheets and Orlano Hudson. Any way it has been nice getting liter box germs all over your kitchen counters. And, I also hated the Purina cat chow, what the fuck do you have against tuna?

Goodbye,

The Cat

Then, just put a cat print in between the goodbye and the cat, and stuff the note in the mailbox with the cat. The perfect crime.
"Drink Up and Beat Off!"
-KBWSB

"Will I be looked on poorly if my religion involved punting little people?"
-Jody
I sure hope Rickett's cat doesn't end up in the mailbox. Because if it does, Butch you're fucked.
<!--quoteo(post=76272:date=Jan 15 2010, 04:24 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jan 15 2010, 04:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=76271:date=Jan 15 2010, 04:18 PM:name=funkster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (funkster @ Jan 15 2010, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Does your hatred stem solely from the talk of moving ST to Florida?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I guess I was hoping to see some wholesale changes right off the bat. I know that isn't really realistic, though...

The bankruptcy court is squeezing their purse-strings, bit...remember that.

This isn't just a function of their own desires.
<!--quoteo(post=76291:date=Jan 15 2010, 06:12 PM:name=Rappster)-->QUOTE (Rappster @ Jan 15 2010, 06:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=76272:date=Jan 15 2010, 04:24 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Jan 15 2010, 04:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=76271:date=Jan 15 2010, 04:18 PM:name=funkster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (funkster @ Jan 15 2010, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Does your hatred stem solely from the talk of moving ST to Florida?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The bankruptcy court is squeezing their purse-strings, bit...remember that.

This isn't just a function of their own desires.
I thought the we exited bankruptcy once the team changed hands. It was of the pre-packaged variety, and should no longer be a burden on the team's spending, unless I'm mistaken. There are multiple factors at work right now that limit our spending, most of which have been discussed here already. Facilities improvements, Debt servicing, and backloaded contracts are the major drivers of rising costs.
First posted by TCR this morning, a blurb in the Toronto Globe and Mail reports this on the Sheets situation:

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->The Blue Jays will have a scout at tomorrow's workout by free-agent pitcher Ben Sheets, but he's all but signed by the Chicago Cubs.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/jays...article1434416/
My thoughts:

1.) This Toronto writer doesn't know anything more about the Cubs' moves than does the local media;

2.) He was dismissing the Blue Jays as a destination, and then just tossed out the name of the team most often attached to Sheets as a way of doing so.

I don't think anything has changed: the Cubs will watch Sheets throw tomorrow, but it's a double-bind. If he throws crappy, the Cubs can afford him, but won't want him. If he throws well, the Cubs will want him, but can't afford him.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo(post=76418:date=Jan 18 2010, 08:20 AM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Jan 18 2010, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->My thoughts:

1.) This Toronto writer doesn't know anything more about the Cubs' moves than does the local media;

2.) He was dismissing the Blue Jays as a destination, and then just tossed out the name of the team most often attached to Sheets as a way of doing so.

I don't think anything has changed: the Cubs will watch Sheets throw tomorrow, but it's a double-bind. If he throws crappy, the Cubs can afford him, but won't want him. If he throws well, the Cubs will want him, but can't afford him.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It's strong reasoning, Ace...but, one throwing session doesn't erase Sheets' history.

So much of what is printed about contract dollars is just agent posturing. If Sheets were going to get 10M a year, I think he'd have already gotten it.

He's a classic reclamation project...he's Chris Carpenter.

I think he gets incentives, and a higher base than normal...but, it will still be about incentives.
<!--quoteo(post=76424:date=Jan 18 2010, 10:53 AM:name=Rappster)-->QUOTE (Rappster @ Jan 18 2010, 10:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=76418:date=Jan 18 2010, 08:20 AM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ Jan 18 2010, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->My thoughts:

I don't think anything has changed: the Cubs will watch Sheets throw tomorrow, but it's a double-bind. If he throws crappy, the Cubs can afford him, but won't want him. If he throws well, the Cubs will want him, but can't afford him.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It's strong reasoning, Ace...but, one throwing session doesn't erase Sheets' history.

So much of what is printed about contract dollars is just agent posturing. If Sheets were going to get 10M a year, I think he'd have already gotten it.

I think he gets incentives, and a higher base than normal...but, it will still be about incentives.

But my concern is, even if that's the case: why wouldn't 10 other teams offer him the same thing? At that point, we just have to hope that no team tops the others, and he really wants to be a Cub.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo(post=76425:date=Jan 18 2010, 10:11 AM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Jan 18 2010, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=76424:date=Jan 18 2010, 10:53 AM:name=Rappster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rappster @ Jan 18 2010, 10:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=76418:date=Jan 18 2010, 08:20 AM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ Jan 18 2010, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->My thoughts:

But my concern is, even if that's the case: why wouldn't 10 other teams offer him the same thing? At that point, we just have to hope that no team tops the others, and he really wants to be a Cub.

I agree with that...and, I do not believe this writer for a second.

Also...can we afford the incentives? Do we really make more money from every win, even if we get to the playoffs? The place sells out anyway...
<!--quoteo(post=76426:date=Jan 18 2010, 10:49 AM:name=Rappster)-->QUOTE (Rappster @ Jan 18 2010, 10:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=76425:date=Jan 18 2010, 10:11 AM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ Jan 18 2010, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=76424:date=Jan 18 2010, 10:53 AM:name=Rappster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rappster @ Jan 18 2010, 10:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=76418:date=Jan 18 2010, 08:20 AM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ Jan 18 2010, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->My thoughts:

I agree with that...and, I do not believe this writer for a second.

Also...can we afford the incentives? Do we really make more money from every win, even if we get to the playoffs? The place sells out anyway...

Yes we actually do. For starters, the making the playoffs automatically makes you money. But putting that aside, every win that keeps people who already paid for the ticket coming to the game, is worth X amount of $$ as well. The games last September were sold out, but they were not fully attended. And every person who shows up is a litttle more $$ in concessions, some parking, etc.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.