Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kasper Extended through 2011
Tom is dead nuts right on.
Exactly,perfectly word for word dead fucking nuts right on.
A herd of buffalo can move only as fast as the slowest buffalo. When the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.

In much the same way the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, we all know, kills brain cells, but naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers.
Rubes,

I'd take Harry and Stoney any day over Len and Bob. Hands down no second thinking.

They were perfect for each other, entertaining and unforgettable. Honestly, twenty years from now, I'll remember what it was like listening to Harry and Steve, but I probably won't remember much of anything about Len and Bob.
Who's your daddy?
I'm surprised so many of you wanna 'whirleybird' Bob outta there. He's the man! I LOVE hearing him slam on the ham (Prince).
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
<!--quoteo(post=2690:date=Dec 9 2008, 01:22 AM:name=CD2W)-->QUOTE (CD2W @ Dec 9 2008, 01:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm surprised so many of you wanna 'whirleybird' Bob outta there. He's the man! I LOVE hearing him slam on the ham (Prince).<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

wow.
Wang.
I'm not sure what he just said.... but I am holding my buttocks closed and remaining in the fetile position until I feel safe again.
Who's your daddy?
I mostly agree with Ruby. Harry was brutal the last 5 years or so and I could barely stand to listen to him.
<!--quoteo(post=2948:date=Dec 9 2008, 01:18 PM:name=Sandberg)-->QUOTE (Sandberg @ Dec 9 2008, 01:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I mostly agree with Ruby. Harry was brutal the last 5 years or so and I could barely stand to listen to him.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
But Ruby is saying that Harry was bad the entire time he was with the Cubs. I think he was too young to remember how good he was throughout most of the 80s, especially with Stone.
<!--quoteo(post=2953:date=Dec 9 2008, 01:24 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Dec 9 2008, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2948:date=Dec 9 2008, 01:18 PM:name=Sandberg)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sandberg @ Dec 9 2008, 01:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I mostly agree with Ruby. Harry was brutal the last 5 years or so and I could barely stand to listen to him.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
But Ruby is saying that Harry was bad the entire time he was with the Cubs. I think he was too young to remember how good he was throughout most of the 80s, especially with Stone.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Are you trying to tell me that I should learn to read? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]

I loved Harry through the 80s, but not the 90s.
<!--quoteo(post=2961:date=Dec 9 2008, 01:31 PM:name=Sandberg)-->QUOTE (Sandberg @ Dec 9 2008, 01:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2953:date=Dec 9 2008, 01:24 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Dec 9 2008, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2948:date=Dec 9 2008, 01:18 PM:name=Sandberg)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sandberg @ Dec 9 2008, 01:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I mostly agree with Ruby. Harry was brutal the last 5 years or so and I could barely stand to listen to him.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Are you trying to tell me that I should learn to read? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]

I can sort of agree with that. His final few seasons were painful to listen to, but at least it was entertaining and Stone really carried both of them.
Sadly, I don't remember Harry at all, even in the 90's. Didn't really start getting into sports until the '98 season, after Harry had passed and I was 9 years old. Plus, being in Wisconsin I get maybe 35 Cubs' games (it's WGN or bust unless we're on TBS), so I only really remember Chip and Steve and now Bob and Len (I don't remember Joe Carter's brief tenure). Bob and Len aren't too bad at all, IMHO. They have great chemistry, I'll give them that.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

<!--quoteo(post=3012:date=Dec 9 2008, 03:40 PM:name=biggz)-->QUOTE (biggz @ Dec 9 2008, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->(I don't remember Joe Carter's brief tenure).<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Consider yourself blessed.

I'm 100% fine with this. I'm just glad there's an actual plan in place that isn't, "Let's load up on retreads and hope we get lucky." I'm a little tired of that plan.

Butcher
<!--quoteo(post=2953:date=Dec 9 2008, 01:24 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Dec 9 2008, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2948:date=Dec 9 2008, 01:18 PM:name=Sandberg)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sandberg @ Dec 9 2008, 01:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I mostly agree with Ruby. Harry was brutal the last 5 years or so and I could barely stand to listen to him.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
That's not what I said at all. I said he was brutal for about the last decade he was alive, which was roughly about the time I can remember starting to watch the Cubs.
<!--quoteo(post=2961:date=Dec 9 2008, 01:31 PM:name=Sandberg)-->QUOTE (Sandberg @ Dec 9 2008, 01:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2953:date=Dec 9 2008, 01:24 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Dec 9 2008, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2948:date=Dec 9 2008, 01:18 PM:name=Sandberg)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sandberg @ Dec 9 2008, 01:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I mostly agree with Ruby. Harry was brutal the last 5 years or so and I could barely stand to listen to him.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That's pretty much my exact point.
<!--quoteo(post=3040:date=Dec 9 2008, 03:19 PM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Dec 9 2008, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2961:date=Dec 9 2008, 01:31 PM:name=Sandberg)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sandberg @ Dec 9 2008, 01:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2953:date=Dec 9 2008, 01:24 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Dec 9 2008, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2948:date=Dec 9 2008, 01:18 PM:name=Sandberg)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sandberg @ Dec 9 2008, 01:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I mostly agree with Ruby. Harry was brutal the last 5 years or so and I could barely stand to listen to him.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ok, then we basically agree. I thought you said that there wasn't a time that you could remember where Harry wasn't brutal though. My bad.
<!--quoteo(post=3049:date=Dec 9 2008, 03:29 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Dec 9 2008, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=3040:date=Dec 9 2008, 03:19 PM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Dec 9 2008, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2961:date=Dec 9 2008, 01:31 PM:name=Sandberg)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sandberg @ Dec 9 2008, 01:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2953:date=Dec 9 2008, 01:24 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Dec 9 2008, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2948:date=Dec 9 2008, 01:18 PM:name=Sandberg)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sandberg @ Dec 9 2008, 01:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I mostly agree with Ruby. Harry was brutal the last 5 years or so and I could barely stand to listen to him.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ok, then we basically agree. I thought you said that there wasn't a time that you could remember where Harry wasn't brutal though. My bad.
From a personal perspective, there's not for me. Basically the time I started really getting into baseball was about the time he hit the shitter. What happened before that is pretty much inconsequential to me, because I don't remember it. Hence, there isn't a time that I don't remember Harry not sucking. That's why I can say that Len and Bob are the best combo I've heard call Cubs games, because they are.