Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KF the Answer?
i thought for sure this thread was going to be about kevin federline.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=48242:date=Jul 6 2009, 07:22 AM:name=jstraw)-->QUOTE (jstraw @ Jul 6 2009, 07:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=48177:date=Jul 5 2009, 03:24 PM:name=Andy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Andy @ Jul 5 2009, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->MB has pretty good plate discipline, but he so frequently looks for the walk, it almost seems like he'd rather walk than hit.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Well, as long as it only ALMOST seems that way. Lead-off man is responsible for getting on base. I don't care how the hell he does it. If Bradley can find SOME way to feel successful at this point, I'm all for it. It's gonna help his whole game. We're gonna have him on the payroll for a long time.

I think platooning Fuk and Bradley in right based on the pitching matchups makes sense. I like Reed in center just fine. And when he needs a day off, Fuk can move over to center and Bradley can play in right.

Face it, we have to find a way to make Bradley work.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
So you want to give Johnson a full time job, while platooning Fuk and Bradley in RF? That is one of the most god damn retarded things ever written.
Rubes, I saw Gran Torino last night. You really should change your name to Walt Kowalski because you're a grumpy bastard. I agree JStraw's idea was a poor one (Reed should never be a full time player), but there are better ways to making your point then firing on someone who is new here.
<!--quoteo(post=48245:date=Jul 6 2009, 08:22 AM:name=Coldneck)-->QUOTE (Coldneck @ Jul 6 2009, 08:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Rubes, I saw Gran Torino last night. You really should change your name to Walt Kowalski because you're a grumpy bastard. I agree JStraw's idea was a poor one (Reed should never be a full time player), but there are better ways to making your point then firing on someone who is new here.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

you called me a pussy because i don't like the same music as you.
Wang.
I can't ever imagine Bradley only playing 2 times per week against just lefties, and Fuk only against righties in a straight platoon in RF. That would be $20 million allocated to a pretty mediocre combo the way it would end up playing out, and no Reed is not an everyday player either..
<!--quoteo(post=48245:date=Jul 6 2009, 08:22 AM:name=Coldneck)-->QUOTE (Coldneck @ Jul 6 2009, 08:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Rubes, I saw Gran Torino last night. You really should change your name to Walt Kowalski because you're a grumpy bastard. I agree JStraw's idea was a poor one (Reed should never be a full time player), but there are better ways to making your point then firing on someone who is new here.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Dude, the idea is what it is, I said nothing wrong. I don't care if he's new here or not, if you say something compeltely ridiculous, there's not really a nice way to tell someone they're idea is completely moronic.
I can take the heat. It may be a dumb idea but I can see hyperbole for what it is. There have been LOTS of dumber ideas in the history of the world.

Just to argue the point, though...I don't give a fuck what Bradley and Fukodome are getting paid...or Soriano for that matter...except for how it impacts upon the possibility to get rid of non-performers. It's why we're stuck with Bradley. Soriano can fold towels in the clubhouse for all I care...or could if it didn't still tie up a roster spot.

So maybe not a straight platoon for the rest of the season but why not until Bradley heats up?

What's the argument against Reed getting a full-time job...at least for now, that he can't do it? That he's fragile? That he's too versatile and valuable off the bench?

I'm honestly asking. I'm not a baseball pundit. I'm a Cubs fan.
Um, Bradley has been hitting better lately, but the last thing you'd want to do when he's just starting to get out of his funk is limit his playing time to just a few games every week. Also, having Aramis in the lineup every day should help him now too. I think platooning Fuk and Reed in CF would be a better solution. Give Bradley a few days off here and there, but I can't imagine him being taken out of the lineup for very long stretches unless he hurts himself.
<!--quoteo(post=48256:date=Jul 6 2009, 10:35 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jul 6 2009, 10:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->unless he hurts himself.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
The OF should be Soriano, Johnson, and Bradley against LHP. The OF should be Soriano, Fukudome, and Bradley against RHP. Fukudome can spell Bradley from time to time in RF, letting Johnson play CF. Johnson can spell all three spots from time to time, getting himself some semi-regular PT. That's pretty much all there is to it.
<!--quoteo(post=48275:date=Jul 6 2009, 11:22 AM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Jul 6 2009, 11:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The OF should be Soriano, Johnson, and Bradley against LHP. The OF should be Soriano, Fukudome, and Bradley against RHP. Fukudome can spell Bradley from time to time in RF, letting Johnson play CF. Johnson can spell all three spots from time to time, getting himself some semi-regular PT. That's pretty much all there is to it.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm fine with that until the next time Bradley is day-to-day from straining to crap or whatever causes his next bullshit injury.
<!--quoteo(post=48246:date=Jul 6 2009, 09:47 AM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Jul 6 2009, 09:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=48245:date=Jul 6 2009, 08:22 AM:name=Coldneck)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coldneck @ Jul 6 2009, 08:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Rubes, I saw Gran Torino last night. You really should change your name to Walt Kowalski because you're a grumpy bastard. I agree JStraw's idea was a poor one (Reed should never be a full time player), but there are better ways to making your point then firing on someone who is new here.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Tommy, you enjoy be called a pussy. And I was kidding. Rubs response was mean spirited. I hope you don't feel my "Prince is for pussies" comment was as well. It was meant to be a harmless joke.
<!--quoteo(post=48293:date=Jul 6 2009, 12:35 PM:name=Coldneck)-->QUOTE (Coldneck @ Jul 6 2009, 12:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=48246:date=Jul 6 2009, 09:47 AM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Jul 6 2009, 09:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=48245:date=Jul 6 2009, 08:22 AM:name=Coldneck)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coldneck @ Jul 6 2009, 08:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Rubes, I saw Gran Torino last night. You really should change your name to Walt Kowalski because you're a grumpy bastard. I agree JStraw's idea was a poor one (Reed should never be a full time player), but there are better ways to making your point then firing on someone who is new here.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Tommy, you enjoy be called a pussy. And I was kidding. Rubs response was mean spirited. I hope you don't feel my "Prince is for pussies" comment was as well. It was meant to be a harmless joke.
You say mean-spirited, I say truth-spirited.
<!--quoteo(post=48293:date=Jul 6 2009, 12:35 PM:name=Coldneck)-->QUOTE (Coldneck @ Jul 6 2009, 12:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=48246:date=Jul 6 2009, 09:47 AM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Jul 6 2009, 09:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=48245:date=Jul 6 2009, 08:22 AM:name=Coldneck)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coldneck @ Jul 6 2009, 08:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Rubes, I saw Gran Torino last night. You really should change your name to Walt Kowalski because you're a grumpy bastard. I agree JStraw's idea was a poor one (Reed should never be a full time player), but there are better ways to making your point then firing on someone who is new here.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ruby isn't mean spirited, he tells it like it is. If someone *anyone* says something retarded he'll call them out. I'm pretty sure it wasn't because jstraw is new, it's because he said something retarded.
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
<!--quoteo(post=48307:date=Jul 6 2009, 01:04 PM:name=PcB)-->QUOTE (PcB @ Jul 6 2009, 01:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=48293:date=Jul 6 2009, 12:35 PM:name=Coldneck)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coldneck @ Jul 6 2009, 12:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=48246:date=Jul 6 2009, 09:47 AM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Jul 6 2009, 09:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=48245:date=Jul 6 2009, 08:22 AM:name=Coldneck)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coldneck @ Jul 6 2009, 08:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Rubes, I saw Gran Torino last night. You really should change your name to Walt Kowalski because you're a grumpy bastard. I agree JStraw's idea was a poor one (Reed should never be a full time player), but there are better ways to making your point then firing on someone who is new here.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ruby isn't mean spirited, he tells it like it is. If someone *anyone* says something retarded he'll call them out. I'm pretty sure it wasn't because jstraw is new, it's because he said something retarded.

Won't be the last time.