Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injury Log on the Big 3
They haven't released the X-ray results and the MRI isn't til tomorrow, so its just speculation.
I did the same injury two years ago and I was fucked for 6 weeks. Just depends on how much soft tissue damage is done around the area as that is the part that takes longest to heal.
4-6 weeks. Just in time to make a run at the wild card.
<!--quoteo(post=36689:date=May 8 2009, 09:35 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ May 8 2009, 09:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=36659:date=May 8 2009, 10:29 PM:name=Coach)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coach @ May 8 2009, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=36655:date=May 8 2009, 10:27 PM:name=Andy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Andy @ May 8 2009, 10:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->You guys are way over blowing the injury. He'll definitely be out a while, but its his non-throwing shoulder. On top of that, NFL QB's come back in a matter of 2-3 weeks from the same injury. He'll be alright.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It is also the power shoulder for his swing.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The lead shoulder is the power shoulder?

You didn't know that? Power comes from the wrists, the left shoulder and back (if you're righ handed), the abs/waist/hips/core area
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
<!--quoteo(post=36724:date=May 9 2009, 02:06 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ May 9 2009, 02:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->4-6 weeks. Just in time to make a run at the wild card.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
And so it begins.
[Image: 2hz4sk2.jpg]
<!--quoteo(post=36765:date=May 9 2009, 03:40 PM:name=bz)-->QUOTE (bz @ May 9 2009, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=36689:date=May 8 2009, 09:35 PM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ May 8 2009, 09:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=36659:date=May 8 2009, 10:29 PM:name=Coach)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coach @ May 8 2009, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=36655:date=May 8 2009, 10:27 PM:name=Andy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Andy @ May 8 2009, 10:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->You guys are way over blowing the injury. He'll definitely be out a while, but its his non-throwing shoulder. On top of that, NFL QB's come back in a matter of 2-3 weeks from the same injury. He'll be alright.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You didn't know that? Power comes from the wrists, the left shoulder and back (if you're righ handed), the abs/waist/hips/core area
Abs, waist, core, I'm with you - but as for bilaterally, I would have thought your back arm/side/shoulder/etc. would have been the power side, because it's the side from which you drive through the ball (as opposed to pulling through).
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo(post=36776:date=May 9 2009, 04:38 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ May 9 2009, 04:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=36765:date=May 9 2009, 03:40 PM:name=bz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bz @ May 9 2009, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=36689:date=May 8 2009, 09:35 PM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ May 8 2009, 09:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=36659:date=May 8 2009, 10:29 PM:name=Coach)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coach @ May 8 2009, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=36655:date=May 8 2009, 10:27 PM:name=Andy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Andy @ May 8 2009, 10:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->You guys are way over blowing the injury. He'll definitely be out a while, but its his non-throwing shoulder. On top of that, NFL QB's come back in a matter of 2-3 weeks from the same injury. He'll be alright.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Abs, waist, core, I'm with you - but as for bilaterally, I would have thought your back arm/side/shoulder/etc. would have been the power side, because it's the side from which you drive through the ball (as opposed to pulling through).

I don't know how to define "power shoulder", but I know that an injury to the front shoulder can affect the follow through, which affects bat speed, which affects power. Nevermind having to get over the mindset that swinging is going to hurt.
<!--quoteo(post=36778:date=May 9 2009, 02:41 PM:name=FlyAtTheThigh)-->QUOTE (FlyAtTheThigh @ May 9 2009, 02:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=36776:date=May 9 2009, 04:38 PM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ May 9 2009, 04:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=36765:date=May 9 2009, 03:40 PM:name=bz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bz @ May 9 2009, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=36689:date=May 8 2009, 09:35 PM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ May 8 2009, 09:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=36659:date=May 8 2009, 10:29 PM:name=Coach)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coach @ May 8 2009, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=36655:date=May 8 2009, 10:27 PM:name=Andy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Andy @ May 8 2009, 10:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->You guys are way over blowing the injury. He'll definitely be out a while, but its his non-throwing shoulder. On top of that, NFL QB's come back in a matter of 2-3 weeks from the same injury. He'll be alright.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I don't know how to define "power shoulder", but I know that an injury to the front shoulder can affect the follow through, which affects bat speed, which affects power. Nevermind having to get over the mindset that swinging is going to hurt.
Yep, and there's few guys in baseball that put as much into their swing as Aramis does. He lets it all go. He needs that shoulder to be completely healed.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=36781:date=May 9 2009, 04:51 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ May 9 2009, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=36778:date=May 9 2009, 02:41 PM:name=FlyAtTheThigh)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FlyAtTheThigh @ May 9 2009, 02:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=36776:date=May 9 2009, 04:38 PM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ May 9 2009, 04:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=36765:date=May 9 2009, 03:40 PM:name=bz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bz @ May 9 2009, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=36689:date=May 8 2009, 09:35 PM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ May 8 2009, 09:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=36659:date=May 8 2009, 10:29 PM:name=Coach)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coach @ May 8 2009, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=36655:date=May 8 2009, 10:27 PM:name=Andy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Andy @ May 8 2009, 10:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->You guys are way over blowing the injury. He'll definitely be out a while, but its his non-throwing shoulder. On top of that, NFL QB's come back in a matter of 2-3 weeks from the same injury. He'll be alright.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yep, and there's few guys in baseball that put as much into their swing as Aramis does. He lets it all go. He needs that shoulder to be completely healed.
I'm not debating whether it has an effect on his power (actually, I'm not debating anything, I'm just curious) - of course it's going to affect it.

I'm curious as to which shoulder would affect the power <i>more</i>.
<!--quoteo(post=36783:date=May 9 2009, 02:53 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ May 9 2009, 02:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=36781:date=May 9 2009, 04:51 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ May 9 2009, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=36778:date=May 9 2009, 02:41 PM:name=FlyAtTheThigh)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FlyAtTheThigh @ May 9 2009, 02:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=36776:date=May 9 2009, 04:38 PM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ May 9 2009, 04:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=36765:date=May 9 2009, 03:40 PM:name=bz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bz @ May 9 2009, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=36689:date=May 8 2009, 09:35 PM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ May 8 2009, 09:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=36659:date=May 8 2009, 10:29 PM:name=Coach)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coach @ May 8 2009, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=36655:date=May 8 2009, 10:27 PM:name=Andy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Andy @ May 8 2009, 10:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->You guys are way over blowing the injury. He'll definitely be out a while, but its his non-throwing shoulder. On top of that, NFL QB's come back in a matter of 2-3 weeks from the same injury. He'll be alright.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm not debating whether it has an effect on his power (actually, I'm not debating anything, I'm just curious) - of course it's going to affect it.

I'm curious as to which shoulder would affect the power <i>more</i>.
Well your front shoulder is crucial to be able to get through the zone and turn on the ball with authority.
@TheBlogfines
It just seems to me when I swing a bat, when it comes to power - of which, I have admittedly little - I rely on my right shoulder much more than my left (I bat righty). Again, that's just in terms of power.

This is just an academic discussion, of course, because obviously he can't come back until it's all healed up whichever shoulder it is. I just think it's interesting.
<!--quoteo(post=36797:date=May 9 2009, 04:17 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ May 9 2009, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->It just seems to me when I swing a bat, when it comes to power - of which, I have admittedly little - I rely on my right shoulder much more than my left (I bat righty). Again, that's just in terms of power.

This is just an academic discussion, of course, because obviously he can't come back until it's all healed up whichever shoulder it is. I just think it's interesting.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ace...look at it this way. If you were standing face to face with someone, do you think you would be able to hit them harder by backhanding them with your left hand or slapping them with your right? Stand up and just do the motion, you can clearly tell that you produce more power with the left arm.

Regardless, both shoulders/arms/wrists/etc. are important. If one is not right, then it's going to affect your swing.

I just hope it heals fast and isn't a lingering issue.
I think that for a RH batter the left shoulder is more important for power. I think of the right arm as stabilizing the swing more than generating power.
<!--quoteo(post=37172:date=May 10 2009, 11:50 PM:name=dk123)-->QUOTE (dk123 @ May 10 2009, 11:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I think that for a RH batter the left shoulder is more important for power. I think of the right arm as stabilizing the swing more than generating power.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yeah that's a great way to put it. That's why hitting coaches will have you swing on the tee or do soft toss with just your bottom hand on the bat, to really practice that motion in your swing. It's very important to getting through the zone and generating bat speed.
@TheBlogfines