Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injury Log on the Big 3
<!--quoteo(post=35248:date=May 3 2009, 08:38 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ May 3 2009, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=35247:date=May 3 2009, 07:05 PM:name=stevestonescigar)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (stevestonescigar @ May 3 2009, 07:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=35236:date=May 3 2009, 07:24 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ May 3 2009, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Also in that Trib article:
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->The next scheduled start for Zambrano is Friday in Milwaukee, but that probably will be made by Randy Wells (3-0, 3.13 ERA), Jose Ascanio (0-1, 1.25) or Mitch Atkins (1-2, 6.99), all pitchers for the Iowa Cubs.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Rotoworld speculated Ascanio in their report.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Wow. I take it he is starting now?
I saw he threw 5 innings in one of the roundups Kid posted, so I guess.
I'd prefer that we call Ascanio up and insert him into Guzman's role, and start Guzman for a few games for Z.
<!--quoteo(post=34280:date=Apr 30 2009, 02:31 PM:name=PcB)-->QUOTE (PcB @ Apr 30 2009, 02:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=34232:date=Apr 30 2009, 01:00 PM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Apr 30 2009, 01:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->DeRosa>Scales

(to the 90th power)<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I really wish Mark DeRosa was never a Cub.

KB what hat do you think DeRosa will wear into the Hall?

i wonder if droasa and dunn will get in at the same time. that would be the greatest 1-2 hall of fame punch ever. much better than the year cobb, ruth, johnson, wagner, and matthewson got in.
Wang.
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Fontenot went 2-for-4 with a home run on Sunday.

Recommendation: It was his fifth homer of the year to go along with an on-base percentage of .359 and a slugging percentage of .494. In other words, he's essentially providing what the departed Mark DeRosa did last year.

(Rotowire.com)<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--quoteo(post=35273:date=May 4 2009, 07:49 AM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ May 4 2009, 07:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->Fontenot went 2-for-4 with a home run on Sunday.

Recommendation: It was his fifth homer of the year to go along with an on-base percentage of .359 and a slugging percentage of .494. In other words, he's essentially providing what the departed Mark DeRosa did last year.

(Rotowire.com)<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
At the plate, perhaps. But he can't play 3B nearly as well as DeRosa and I would hate to see him in the OF.
Is Miles also providing what DeRosa did last season? Because although Fontenot took over as the everyday 2B, essentially Miles replaced DeRosa on the roster.

DeRosa + Fontenot >>>> Fontenot + Miles
<!--quoteo(post=35290:date=May 4 2009, 10:02 AM:name=Brock)-->QUOTE (Brock @ May 4 2009, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Is Miles also providing what DeRosa did last season? Because although Fontenot took over as the everyday 2B, essentially Miles replaced DeRosa on the roster.

DeRosa + Fontenot >>>> Fontenot + Miles<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
No, for the 1,000,000 time, no. It's Bradley, Fontenot, Miles > Edmonds, DeRosa, Fontenot. There was never, ever gonna be a roster with both DeRosa and Bradley on it, it was never an option.
<!--quoteo(post=35303:date=May 4 2009, 10:52 AM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ May 4 2009, 10:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=35290:date=May 4 2009, 10:02 AM:name=Brock)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brock @ May 4 2009, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Is Miles also providing what DeRosa did last season? Because although Fontenot took over as the everyday 2B, essentially Miles replaced DeRosa on the roster.

No, for the 1,000,000 time, no. It's Bradley, Fontenot, Miles > Edmonds, DeRosa, Fontenot. There was never, ever gonna be a roster with both DeRosa and Bradley on it, it was never an option.
You keep saying that, but I still don't see the connection between Bradley and DeRosa. Was DeRosa's $5M salary preventing Hendry from giving Bradley a $30M contract? Sorry -- I don't see it. Especially since we've now eaten a bunch of salary since those two deals.
<!--quoteo(post=35303:date=May 4 2009, 10:52 AM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ May 4 2009, 10:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=35290:date=May 4 2009, 10:02 AM:name=Brock)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brock @ May 4 2009, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Is Miles also providing what DeRosa did last season? Because although Fontenot took over as the everyday 2B, essentially Miles replaced DeRosa on the roster.

I could have maybe agreed with that until I saw the way we pissed away money for nothing with guys like Gaudin and Marquis/Vizcaino. What was the actual savings in having Miles instead of DeRosa? $3 million or so?
<!--quoteo(post=35308:date=May 4 2009, 11:00 AM:name=Brock)-->QUOTE (Brock @ May 4 2009, 11:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=35303:date=May 4 2009, 10:52 AM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ May 4 2009, 10:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=35290:date=May 4 2009, 10:02 AM:name=Brock)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brock @ May 4 2009, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Is Miles also providing what DeRosa did last season? Because although Fontenot took over as the everyday 2B, essentially Miles replaced DeRosa on the roster.

I could have maybe agreed with that until I saw the way we pissed away money for nothing with guys like Gaudin and Marquis/Vizcaino. What was the actual savings in having Miles instead of DeRosa? $3 million or so?
DeRosa had one year left at $5M. We signed Miles for $5M over two seasons. So, we saved $2.5M.
Anyway, I'm officially done bitching about DeRosa. What's done is done. I'll try my best not to think about this trade every time Bradley or Ramirez hit the DL or Aaron Miles comes to the plate in a crucial situation.
<!--quoteo(post=35310:date=May 4 2009, 11:04 AM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ May 4 2009, 11:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Anyway, I'm officially done bitching about DeRosa. What's done is done. I'll try my best not to think about this trade every time Bradley or Ramirez hit the DL or Aaron Miles comes to the plate in a crucial situation.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I'm glad you stopped bitching about DeRosa and started bitching about the person who's playing instead of him. Why not just keep bitching about DeRosa then?
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
<!--quoteo(post=35311:date=May 4 2009, 11:06 AM:name=PcB)-->QUOTE (PcB @ May 4 2009, 11:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=35310:date=May 4 2009, 11:04 AM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ May 4 2009, 11:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Anyway, I'm officially done bitching about DeRosa. What's done is done. I'll try my best not to think about this trade every time Bradley or Ramirez hit the DL or Aaron Miles comes to the plate in a crucial situation.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I'm glad you stopped bitching about DeRosa and started bitching about the person who's playing instead of him. Why not just keep bitching about DeRosa then?
Because DeRosa is on the Indians now. Miles is on the Cubs.
We saved $5.5 M by trading DeRosa, $4.2 M by not resigning Wood (he actually go a contract of $10 M), and $5 M by trading Marquis and his $10 M salary for Vizcaino and his $4 M salary and sending $1 M in cash(the subsequent ditching of Vizcaino does not negate that). Gaudin was a mistake by Hendry and has been acknowledged as such. Those funds went directly towards signing Bradley and towards the escalating salaries for all the backended contracts. It's simple math, it's perfectly clear and it's not really debatable. The fact that some people here refuse to acknowledge it or can't comprehend it, doesn't mean that's not what happened.
<!--quoteo(post=35315:date=May 4 2009, 11:14 AM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ May 4 2009, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->We saved $5.5 M by trading DeRosa, $4.2 M by not resigning Wood (he actually go a contract of $10 M), and $5 M by trading Marquis and his $10 M salary for Vizcaino and his $4 M salary and sending $1 M in cash(the subsequent ditching of Vizcaino does not negate that). Gaudin was a mistake by Hendry and has been acknowledged as such. Those funds went directly towards signing Bradley and towards the escalating salaries for all the backended contracts. It's simple math, it's perfectly clear and it's not really debatable. The fact that some people here refuse to acknowledge it or can't comprehend it, doesn't mean that's not what happened.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
DeRosa was replaced by Aaron Miles. You can't take Miles' salary out of the equation.

Don't trade DeRosa and don't sign Miles and the rest of those moves (Marquis, Wood, Gregg) can still happen.

$2.5m (or $3M) is still the amount of money we saved by trading DeRosa.
<!--quoteo(post=35313:date=May 4 2009, 11:11 AM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ May 4 2009, 11:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=35311:date=May 4 2009, 11:06 AM:name=PcB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PcB @ May 4 2009, 11:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=35310:date=May 4 2009, 11:04 AM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ May 4 2009, 11:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Anyway, I'm officially done bitching about DeRosa. What's done is done. I'll try my best not to think about this trade every time Bradley or Ramirez hit the DL or Aaron Miles comes to the plate in a crucial situation.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Because DeRosa is on the Indians now. Miles is on the Cubs.
Things have been that way all season...
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher