Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farm System
Teams seem to hang onto their pitching prospects pretty tight. Hence billy bean dealing his top hitting prospect over some of his young arms to the cubs. Of course that's on the assumption that hoyer and theo were looking to get pitching in return for shark and hammel.....which I hope they were. However, Addison will do just fine if no teams were willing to deal pitching prospects.

With being said it might be tough to get some young pitching in return for Almora and/or vogelbach. So I wonder if free agency might be the way to go. Or find a team willing to dump some veteran arms for prospects around the trade deadline when the cubs are ready to make a run.
I just want to drink beer and play atari
A team in need of hitting will trade pitching. As long as our guys keep succeeding, there will be teams willing to pay the premium for it.
Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them.
Baez at 2B again.

This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
Ho hum.

This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
Marty Pevey mentioned he will be there for multiple games.
Quote:Ho hum.
Seriously, he's going to be a star...right?

Baez with a single before him.
I think we have our #3-4 hitters for the foreseeable future.
If guys get a September callup, does it start their arb clock? Seems like that if it doesn't, it would be a nice reward for Bryant.
Baez just went yard.
Bryant single....it's comical at this point.
Baez wow.

Quote:If guys get a September callup, does it start their arb clock? Seems like that if it doesn't, it would be a nice reward for Bryant.

Compared to what?  A September call-up is the same as having him make the team out of spring training next year.  It would make him FA eligible a year earlier compared to a late April/early May 2015 call-up.  It would make him Super Two eligible compared to a June 2015 call-up.

This is just getting ridiculous. 

Signature.
That's what I was wondering Kid. For some reason I always thought there was an exception with September callups. However, it doesn't seen there is.

No way he gets a September callup. I know you have mentioned that before.
I wonder if the FO tries to lockup Bryant and Baez during the offseason so they can call them up whenever they want.