Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farm System
Hard to imagine he won't be called up once some parts get traded by the deadline.

This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
By the way, do you know who's on the Colorado Springs Sky Sox?

Brett. Freaking. Tomko.

As a pitcher, not a coach.

Aaaaaaand Glenallen Hill is their manager.

One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer

<iframe src='http://m.mlb.com/shared/video/embed/embed.html?content_id=25549985&topic_id=6479266&width=600&height=336&property=mlb' width='600' height='336' frameborder='0'>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
That's still the hardest hit ball I've ever seen.
"It's gotta be the shoes, folks!"

--Veryzer

Quote:<b>"Glenallen Hill, Wrigley Field, May 11, 2000"</b>

On May 11, 2000, Glenallen Hill hit a home run out of Wrigley Field, across Waveland Ave. and onto the roof of a building across the street. Estimated at the time at over 500 feet, Hit Tracker has been used to determine "how far it really went." Using video from the home run and atmospheric data from Weather Underground (66 degrees, 18mph out to left field), the trajectory has been reconstructed. Hill's bomb left the bat at 116.7mph at an angle of 33.9 degrees above vertical (an excellent angle for a ball struck with a strong following wind), and if unobstructed, would have flown an amazing 500 feet even!

http://www.hittrackeronline.com/historic.php?id=2000_1

Hill laughed at the estimated distance of 490 feet. "Try 700 feet," he said. "Seriously."
--Veryzer

Quote:He just jacked a three-run homer (his 10th) as part of a 4-6 night with 3 runs and 4 RBIs. As of right now, he's hitting .301.

It was a long one too, hit the light stand in right. He has some serious pop.
Quote:Hard to imagine he won't be called up once some parts get traded by the deadline.
He's got to be better than Bonaficio, Barney, or Olt right now.
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Kid" data-cid="223251" data-time="1403928403">
<div>
Hard to imagine he won't be called up once some parts get traded by the deadline.

</div>
</blockquote>

Well, since Bonifacio has been on the DL for several weeks, I'd guess so.

They're not going to cut Barney at least without seeing if they can get something for him in trade.  The problem with Olt is what happens to him if he gets sent down to Iowa now that Bryant is there?  It's one thing that he's not getting playing time at the MLB level.  I'm sure they don't want to send him down to AAA and have no place to play him.  
Oh Jesus...change the culture of losing. Fucking spare me.

VAL-BUENO!

Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MickKelleherWasMyHero" data-cid="223283" data-time="1403997333">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Kid" data-cid="223251" data-time="1403928403">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

They're not going to cut Barney at least without seeing if they can get something for him in trade.  The problem with Olt is what happens to him if he gets sent down to Iowa now that Bryant is there?  It's one thing that he's not getting playing time at the MLB level.  I'm sure they don't want to send him down to AAA and have no place to play him.  

</div>
</blockquote>
This team isn't the 27 Yankees. There's plenty of dead weight on the roster that nobody would want in a trade.

Outside of Rizzo and Castro, the starters on the Cubs should be role players or on the bench, and the bench players should be working the counter at McD's.
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Kid" data-cid="223284" data-time="1403997567">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MickKelleherWasMyHero" data-cid="223283" data-time="1403997333">
<div>

<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

</div>
</blockquote>
This team isn't the 27 Yankees. There's plenty of dead weight on the roster that nobody would want in a trade.

Outside of Rizzo and Castro, the starters on the Cubs should be role players or on the bench, and the bench players should be working the counter at McD's.

</div>
</blockquote>

You're largely wrong, but that's besides the point.  Alcantara is an infielder.  He's played a grand total of 6 career minor league games in the outfield.  So getting rid of an outfielder, or a pitcher, or John Baker isn't going to create a spot for Alcantara.

So who are the infielders?  Obviously, Rizzo and Castro aren't going anywhere. Valbuena's top 30 in the NL in OPS, so he's not just being cast aside (and he also disproves your point that none of the other position players are worth anything).  They're not going to give up on Olt yet, and as I said, sending him down to Iowa is quite problematic because there's nowhere to play him there either.  That leaves Barney.  I'll be surprised if he finishes the season a Cub.  I think he'll either be traded or DFA'd, but they're not going to cut him before the deadline and they see if they can get anything.
Quote:For the first time in his pro career, Schwarber failed to get a hit in a game.

He did get 2 walks though...
He said fuck you and Schwarbombed today.
Schwarber smash!
Eh, I think this front office is hell bent on have Baez at 2nd and Bryant at 3rd. Alcantara is destined for CF regardless of how many games he plays there in the minors.

Unless Bryant sticking at 3rd is something that will end as soon as he is in the majors. Although previous FO statements and actions make me believe he is headed for 2B
Check it out as I hilariously fail at Cubs blogging.

www.friendly-confines.com