Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeRosa Traded to Indians
Now they are discussing whether the Tribe have the cutest lineup in baseball over there. WTF?
<b>Motherfuck the cocksuck!</b>
What the fuck is going on here?! I'm not even as big a DeRosa fan as most guys on this board, but even a blind man could tell you that he was an immensely valuable part of this ballclub. To shed his ass for 3 middling fucking prospects?! When the <i>best</i> prospect in the deal "might" one day become a decent back-of-the-bullpen guy?!!

And to sign Aaron Bitchfucker Miles for nearly what we were paying DeRo, when he isn't REMOTELY as good?! If this was part of a Peavy scenario, it would have been a fucking 3-way trade.
It's not.

Guess how I feel about Big Jim today?
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo(post=7976:date=Dec 31 2008, 02:03 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Dec 31 2008, 02:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Now they are discussing whether the Tribe have the cutest lineup in baseball over there. WTF?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

GQ wins championships.
<!--quoteo(post=7977:date=Dec 31 2008, 02:06 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Dec 31 2008, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><b>Motherfuck the cocksuck!</b><!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
Quote of the week?
<!--quoteo(post=7977:date=Dec 31 2008, 02:06 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Dec 31 2008, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><b>Motherfuck the cocksuck!</b>
What the fuck is going on here?! I'm not even as big a DeRosa fan as most guys on this board, but even a blind man could tell you that he was an immensely valuable part of this ballclub. To shed his ass for 3 middling fucking prospects?! When the <i>best</i> prospect in the deal "might" one day become a decent back-of-the-bullpen guy?!!

And to sign Aaron Bitchfucker Miles for nearly what we were paying DeRo, when he isn't REMOTELY as good?! If this was part of a Peavy scenario, it would have been a fucking 3-way trade.
It's not.

Guess how I feel about Big Jim today?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Calm down. Why would it have to be a "3 way trade" to be part of the Peavy equation? It's free'd up salary and brought in pitching prospects, both of which we had to do to get Peavy.

I don't understand the vitriol here. Let Hendry finish what he's started, he obviously has a plan.
<!--quoteo(post=7977:date=Dec 31 2008, 02:06 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Dec 31 2008, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><b>Motherfuck the cocksuck!</b>

It's not.

You've gotta take into consideration though that the Cubs can't complete a Peavy deal until the ownership situation is settled. Aaron Miles for example doesn't want to wait another month to figure out where he's going to sign, and just because a team tells him they plan to make a trade in a month doesn't mean he should believe it for a second. Shapiro may have also said, "Look, Jim, I think you and Towers are going to work this deal out, but I really can't afford to wait around another month..."
@TheBlogfines
<b>Neither of Chicago's moves expected to trigger a trade for Peavy. Sources tell ESPN that there are no ongoing talks between the Cubs and Padres involving Peavy.</b>

Un-fucking-real.
<!--quoteo(post=7984:date=Dec 31 2008, 02:16 PM:name=DaveB)-->QUOTE (DaveB @ Dec 31 2008, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><b>Neither of Chicago's moves expected to trigger a trade for Peavy. Sources tell ESPN that there are no ongoing talks between the Cubs and Padres involving Peavy.</b>

Un-fucking-real.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
And that would suck. Oh well, it's not like they were going to win a playoff game anyway.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=7980:date=Dec 31 2008, 02:08 PM:name=sleepyhead)-->QUOTE (sleepyhead @ Dec 31 2008, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=7977:date=Dec 31 2008, 02:06 PM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Dec 31 2008, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><b>Motherfuck the cocksuck!</b>

It's not.

Calm down. Why would it have to be a "3 way trade" to be part of the Peavy equation? It's free'd up salary and brought in pitching prospects, both of which we had to do to get Peavy.

I don't understand the vitriol here. Let Hendry finish what he's started,
<b>he obviously has a plan.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
Yeah. A <i>Hendry</i> plan. Every one of his "plans" includes paying 2.5 million to REPLACEMENT-LEVEL players...guys who you could EASILY GET for the 390K minimum.
And the Miles signing was right in the midst of him trying to SHED payroll.

Clappie, let's quote your post from last night about how Jim is such a magnificent GM, and that you're always on the same page as him.
(sorry Clappie, but I let that post slide last night because of my regard for you personally. But all bets are off after today's dizzying turn of events).
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo(post=7984:date=Dec 31 2008, 02:16 PM:name=DaveB)-->QUOTE (DaveB @ Dec 31 2008, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><b>Neither of Chicago's moves expected to trigger a trade for Peavy. Sources tell ESPN that there are no ongoing talks between the Cubs and Padres involving Peavy.</b>

Un-fucking-real.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Right, because the almighty Bristol knows all. I trust Miles, Levine and other Chicago reporters have better sources than the national media.
<!--quoteo(post=7986:date=Dec 31 2008, 02:19 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Dec 31 2008, 02:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=7980:date=Dec 31 2008, 02:08 PM:name=sleepyhead)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sleepyhead @ Dec 31 2008, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=7977:date=Dec 31 2008, 02:06 PM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Dec 31 2008, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><b>Motherfuck the cocksuck!</b>

It's not.

I don't understand the vitriol here. Let Hendry finish what he's started, <b>he obviously has a plan.</b>
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
Yeah. A <i>Hendry</i> plan. Every one of his "plans" includes paying 2.5 million to REPLACEMENT-LEVEL players...guys who you could EASILY GET for the 390K minimum.

Clappie, let's quote your post from last night about how Jim is such a magnificent GM, and that you're always on the same page as him.
(sorry Clappie, but I let that post slide last night because of my regard for you personally. But all bets are off after today's dizzying turn of events).
If we don't get something like Peavy now, I take that quote back. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=7988:date=Dec 31 2008, 02:20 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Dec 31 2008, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=7986:date=Dec 31 2008, 02:19 PM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Dec 31 2008, 02:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=7980:date=Dec 31 2008, 02:08 PM:name=sleepyhead)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sleepyhead @ Dec 31 2008, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=7977:date=Dec 31 2008, 02:06 PM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Dec 31 2008, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><b>Motherfuck the cocksuck!</b>

It's not.

I don't understand the vitriol here. Let Hendry finish what he's started, <b>he obviously has a plan.</b>

If we don't get something like Peavy now, I take that quote back. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

Agreed, if we make no further moves I will agree to Hendry having fucked up. As it stands, I'll give him some time to work.
I just can't see why Hendry would do this just for Bradley. We've gotten 9 million more dollars to work with... didn't we have enough money to sign Bradley before? I just can't see Hendry trading DeRosa, trading Marquis, and letting Wood walk just so we have the money to sign a guy that plays 3/4 of the season. There's something else coming.
@TheBlogfines
This thread has Barrett potential
<!--quoteo(post=7988:date=Dec 31 2008, 02:20 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Dec 31 2008, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=7986:date=Dec 31 2008, 02:19 PM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Dec 31 2008, 02:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=7980:date=Dec 31 2008, 02:08 PM:name=sleepyhead)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sleepyhead @ Dec 31 2008, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=7977:date=Dec 31 2008, 02:06 PM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Dec 31 2008, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><b>Motherfuck the cocksuck!</b>

It's not.

Don't worry Clapp-o-lina; I've been impressed/surprised by a lot of Jim's moves in the past year or two. These 2 leave me flummoxed, though.