Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zambrano
<!--quoteo(post=103052:date=Jun 26 2010, 10:25 AM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jun 26 2010, 10:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Is it just me, or are we the only team in baseball that this kind of shit happens to on such a regular basis? Maybe it just seems that way because the Cubs are the only team I follow this closely.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
The Cubs really are the one team where this happens on a regular basis. Now take away all the times Zambrano was involved...
Hendry's been doing that ever since Sammy left that game early. He's a retard.
Wang.
Zambrano and Ozzie Guillen had a nice dinner last night, apparently.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo(post=103059:date=Jun 26 2010, 10:23 AM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Jun 26 2010, 10:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Zambrano and Ozzie Guillen had a nice dinner last night, apparently.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
It's really too bad that there is no room for Z over on the South Side. He would fit in perfectly, and just in time for their reality show to start airing on MLB Network.
<!--quoteo(post=103061:date=Jun 26 2010, 10:35 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jun 26 2010, 10:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=103059:date=Jun 26 2010, 10:23 AM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ Jun 26 2010, 10:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Zambrano and Ozzie Guillen had a nice dinner last night, apparently.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
It's really too bad that there is no room for Z over on the South Side. He would fit in perfectly, and just in time for their reality show to start airing on MLB Network.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
The Stillbornes?
This is not a Zambrano problem. This is an organizational problem. There is no institutional control. History doesn't repeat itself, with different actors, over and over again because it's a player problem. It happens because the powers that be let it happen.
<!--quoteo(post=103063:date=Jun 26 2010, 10:56 AM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Jun 26 2010, 10:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->This is not a Zambrano problem. This is an organizational problem. There is no institutional control. History doesn't repeat itself, with different actors, over and over again because it's a player problem. It happens because the powers that be let it happen.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I tend to lean towards this explanation.
<!--quoteo(post=103066:date=Jun 26 2010, 11:05 AM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jun 26 2010, 11:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=103063:date=Jun 26 2010, 10:56 AM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Jun 26 2010, 10:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->This is not a Zambrano problem. This is an organizational problem. There is no institutional control. History doesn't repeat itself, with different actors, over and over again because it's a player problem. It happens because the powers that be let it happen.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It's past time to thank Hendry for rebuilding our scouting and farm systems and wish him well.
<!--quoteo(post=103063:date=Jun 26 2010, 09:56 AM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Jun 26 2010, 09:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->This is not a Zambrano problem. This is an organizational problem. There is no institutional control. History doesn't repeat itself, with different actors, over and over again because it's a player problem. It happens because the powers that be let it happen.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

So Zambrano isn't to blame for any of this? C'mon, that's like trying to defend Milton Bradley for thinking that everyone but him was responsible for his actions.
<!--quoteo(post=103068:date=Jun 26 2010, 11:11 AM:name=ColoradoCub)-->QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Jun 26 2010, 11:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=103063:date=Jun 26 2010, 09:56 AM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Jun 26 2010, 09:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->This is not a Zambrano problem. This is an organizational problem. There is no institutional control. History doesn't repeat itself, with different actors, over and over again because it's a player problem. It happens because the powers that be let it happen.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

So Zambrano isn't to blame for any of this? C'mon, that's like trying to defend Milton Bradley for thinking that everyone but him was responsible for his actions.
No, he's not devoid of blame. But the overall theme has been going on 6-7 years, with different players and different managers. This problem starts at the top and an organizational philosophy change is needed immediately.
<!--quoteo(post=103066:date=Jun 26 2010, 11:05 AM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jun 26 2010, 11:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=103063:date=Jun 26 2010, 10:56 AM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Jun 26 2010, 10:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->This is not a Zambrano problem. This is an organizational problem. There is no institutional control. History doesn't repeat itself, with different actors, over and over again because it's a player problem. It happens because the powers that be let it happen.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I'm done defending Z, but there is a lot of truth in the above statement as well. You create a toxic environment through poor team construction, especially by signing insane player after insane player. Then you add in a mismanagement on top of it, and it's no surprise to see things like we saw yesterday. It has been a recurring theme here since the Sammy days.

Ditto. I think it's time to wipe the slate clean from top to bottom and overhaul the entire organization, from the GM all the way down to the ushers. Every trace of the the past 102 years needs to be wiped clean and a new philosophy needs to be implemented.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=103071:date=Jun 26 2010, 12:19 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jun 26 2010, 12:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=103066:date=Jun 26 2010, 11:05 AM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Jun 26 2010, 11:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=103063:date=Jun 26 2010, 10:56 AM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Jun 26 2010, 10:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->This is not a Zambrano problem. This is an organizational problem. There is no institutional control. History doesn't repeat itself, with different actors, over and over again because it's a player problem. It happens because the powers that be let it happen.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I'm done defending Z, but there is a lot of truth in the above statement as well. You create a toxic environment through poor team construction, especially by signing insane player after insane player. Then you add in a mismanagement on top of it, and it's no surprise to see things like we saw yesterday. It has been a recurring theme here since the Sammy days.

Yeah. That is hard to argue with for sure. The organization needs to be cleaned out and rebuilt. Hopefully Ricketts sees this.
Who's to blame? Z to start. Organization for allowing the environment.

The biggest culprit overall is losing. No way in hell does what happened yesterday occur if the team were winning more than a series every couple of weeks.

Losing exposes flaws in teams - Z's insanity and Hendry's stupidity were exposed yesterday.
<!--quoteo(post=103042:date=Jun 26 2010, 07:09 AM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Jun 26 2010, 07:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I don't think I've ever lost interest in a season as early as I did this one. Thank God I chose not to watch yesterday's game.

I never thought this day would come, but I'm beginning to hate the Cubs. There is no light at the end of the tunnel. This team, this organization is infected to the very core. The poison has leaked into every crevice. There is no hope. There never will be. 102 years of the same thing over and over and over and over. It's past the point of no return.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Let me get one thing out of the way. I am a former Cub fan. When I was young Cubs and Sox were on local TV (WGN) and I would watch the end of the games for both teams, though I seem to remember Cubs were on more often , probably due to day games. I was, in my naive youth, a fan of both teams. Of course, you can't really be a fan of both.

FF to 1969. I'm 21, have a GF who is crazy about the Cubs. Went to 30 or 40 games, mostly left or CF bleachers, you know, the rest. Crazy summer, only to be crushed as usual by the Cubs folding. The way I remember it the Cubs dealt part of the team, the magic of '69 was gone and I became a Sox fan. Tired of losing and having the park be the star attraction. Bill Veeck was back in town about then, I liked the night games (working full time by then) and the fans seemed to know more about baseball. I know this is a sore point with Cub fans but I mean that Sox fans stayed away when the team was crap. Cub fans all take their kids or party like crazy and many (except for you diehards) don't care about the bad product served up to you.

I am not here to trash talk, I just looked up a Cub forum for the first time ever because I wanted to see what you all thought about Zambrano. We don't want him. Ozzie is just being loyal to another Venezuelan.

Anyway, I saw verzyer's remarks and just wanted to comment that if all Cub fans would feel the same way he does the "infected" franchise might actually change.

Most days I don't hate the Cubs or their fans, I sorta feel sorry for your plight.
I changed allegiance over 40 years ago, still time for some of you to do the same.

I do have some suggestions on how to break the WS winless streak
1. Blow up Wrigley. It's a cute little dump, but if the Yankees can blow up Yankee Stadium after winning like 27 WS titles, get rid of Wrigley. It's like living in a house that is supposed to be haunted, and even though you don't believe in ghosts, you're a little nervous because bad, unexplainable things keep happening. Oh, and it's a dump

2. Maybe the team needs a new nickname. I cannot think of any other team in sports that has a diminutive animal as a mascot.

3. Instead of hating on Ozzie and AJ, you might want to find a few guys like them for your team.( AJ can under people's skin, but he's a helluva catcher, has a reasonable to good bat and no less than Ken Griffey, Jr. thinks he was great in the clubhouse. Ever hear any of his Sox teammates hate on AJ?)
Paulie too is so solid. What Derek Lee should be. And a real starting pitching staff.

BTW, to the poster that sterotypes WS fans...I'm a Northsider. College educated just like you. Professional just like you. But I love the salt of the earth Sox fans. Deep down I'm one of them (never kissed my sister on the lips or ran on the field either)

I made this a long post to get it all out at once as I am sure I will get slammed and don't want to deal with it. It is just seemed to be a time when Cub fans might actually be ready to be rational. Nah......what was I thinking?