Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Cubs
Well, perhaps Jed believes that clutch hitting exists as Isaac’s OPS with RISP increases from 792 to 827 and we know that the 2024 Cub hitters just destroy the ball with runners on

Yeah, no need to point out that Morel’s OPS increased similarly
I guarantee morel becomes a stud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Farewell, MLJ. You were one of the only bullpen arms I trusted...
Hey, will at least be able to watch someone in the playoffs that used to be on the Cubs roster
Pretty nice return.
Cubs are 13-25 against teams in NL Central and 38-33 against all other teams. Yup, if the Cubs were not in the NL Central, their record would be soooo much better. Ha

Before season began, it seemed like most of the NL Central team’s improved - excluding the Brewers. The Cubs added Shota and lost Stroman who was as big a stud for Cubs in first half of 2023 season as Shota has been. Busch has been a nice to great addition. Bullpen issues - mainly due to injuries - and inability to hit with RISP/lack of offensive production from 7-9 hitters have resulted in a team who’s zenith is within a few games of mediocrity.(500 record) Its not surprising that Cubs continue to be in last place in NL Central
How are they that dogshit against teams in the Central?

I'm not going to waste time thinking about it. This team has been such a massive disappointment.
Hoyer taking a page out of the Reinsdorf playbook. Staying in constant mediocrity.
Really want Ricketts to wake up and hire a new GM. Maybe open up the purse strings a little more too.

I’ll keep dreaming.
Hoyer needs to go. He’s been Theo-lite this entire time.
Surely he has to go after this season, but who the hell knows with these owners.
(07-31-2024, 02:34 PM)jeffy Wrote: Surely he has to go after this season, but who the hell knows with these owners.

I'd be shocked if he was gone after this season since he has just one year left on his contract. I would guess they'll keep him around to see if he can somehow make this a winning team next year.
Just don't see Ricketts firing Hoyer and having to pay off his contract prior its end.

Either Hoyer quits / gets hired somewhere else or we are stuck with him till end of next season.
Oh good call fellas. For some reason I thought this was his last year.
(07-29-2024, 12:57 PM)funkster Wrote: I guarantee morel becomes a stud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Naturally he went yard in both of his first 2 games in Tampa.
Is there something wrong with the team culture? Morel probably doesn’t continue to rake all season, but he seems pretty happy to be gone.