Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Cubs
(06-26-2024, 08:23 PM)rok Wrote: They seem to mess up a lot in developing their own young pitching talent (bullpen in particular) but somehow manage to unlock veteran RP potential. That's a strange hallmark of this organization.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Getting a pitcher who has been to the majors to jigger with new grip, motion, release points, pitch is fairly different than teaching a 19-22 yr old how to stay healthy and get to the majors for first time.  Plus, as it’s cheaper to retread an old tire than buy a new tire, it’s likely cheaper to retread an old reliever than develop a new
Well as it seemed like it had been more than a few days since a Cub player went on the IL, clearly the team was due so Bellinger on the 10-day IL with a left middle finger fracture.

Canario coming up from IA to Baltimore
So who will be the first to go? I'm thinking maybe Leiter Jr.
(07-23-2024, 01:09 AM)jeffy Wrote: So who will be the first to go? I'm thinking maybe Leiter Jr.

That’s a logical guess.
Taillon
(07-23-2024, 01:15 PM)rok Wrote: Taillon

Pretty good audition for his next team tonight.
9 runs in 7 games - yup the offense was clearly never an issue to consider for this roster. No reason to believe Bellinger should remain on team for 2025. Time to sell off strengths on roster
I had a glimmer of hope after the Orioles series.

That hope has been extinguished. About ready to cancel my Marquee subscription.
Wow, that was unexpected. I like this move for Paredes.
Just need to bring back Justin Wilson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(07-28-2024, 05:04 PM)funkster Wrote: Just need to bring back Justin Wilson

Lol

Random sidenote: one of friends just pointed out that PCA looks a bit like Beavis and now I can't unsee it.
Would have liked the move significantly more in offseason when it likely wouldn’t have cost the Cubs both Ty Johnson and Hunter Bigge.

Jed sold low on Morel and Rays traded Paredes after he makes All Star team

Glad that Cubs finally shouldn’t have to seek a third baseman in offseason
(07-28-2024, 05:08 PM)jeffy Wrote:
(07-28-2024, 05:04 PM)funkster Wrote: Just need to bring back Justin Wilson

Lol

Random sidenote: one of friends just pointed out that PCA looks a bit like Beavis and now I can't unsee it.

I’ve mentioned to my buddy before, PCA is a very hideous man.

I really like this trade, but hopefully Morel doesn’t turn into a stud now. Good luck to him though.
It’s pretty rare that the Rays get the worse end of a trade.