Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In KB's Defense...
An awful lot of you guys are quick to disregard the players you've never seen play.

You read a line from a stat book, and make your case as though you watched every move they ever made.

Those of us who have been around a tad longer have seen more players...and maintain a wider understanding of their impact upon the game, within their individual era.

This is not meant to diminish your opinions, but some commentary can be a bit more narrow-minded.

Just putting it out there...
Rapp's OPSĀ± is 32.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
(My bb doesn't have a plus symbol. That seems ridiculous, and partially ruined my joke.)
What does this have to do with KB?
<!--quoteo(post=4805:date=Dec 15 2008, 08:42 AM:name=Rappster)-->QUOTE (Rappster @ Dec 15 2008, 08:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->An awful lot of you guys are quick to disregard the players you've never seen play.

You read a line from a stat book, and make your case as though you watched every move they ever made.

Those of us who have been around a tad longer have seen more players...and maintain a wider understanding of their impact upon the game, within their individual era.

This is not meant to diminish your opinions, but some commentary can be a bit more narrow-minded.

Just putting it out there...<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

but kb is the guy who reads a line from the stat book. thosee of us that oppose him are the ones basing our opinions on what we see. you're defending the wrong guy.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=4805:date=Dec 15 2008, 09:42 AM:name=Rappster)-->QUOTE (Rappster @ Dec 15 2008, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->An awful lot of you guys are quick to disregard the players you've never seen play.

I have never challenged KB in saying that he doesn't watch the games. I've only ever fought his statistics with my own statistics. I'm guilty of being a stat head every bit as much as he is.
<!--quoteo(post=4816:date=Dec 15 2008, 09:43 AM:name=Scarey)-->QUOTE (Scarey @ Dec 15 2008, 09:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=4805:date=Dec 15 2008, 09:42 AM:name=Rappster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rappster @ Dec 15 2008, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->An awful lot of you guys are quick to disregard the players you've never seen play.

I have never challenged KB in saying that he doesn't watch the games. I've only ever fought his statistics with my own statistics. I'm guilty of being a stat head every bit as much as he is.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

i also use stats. but i use ALL stats, not just the flavor of the month.
Wang.
Yeah, but some flavors are deeply flawed and dated. I mean, pistachio?
<!--quoteo(post=4820:date=Dec 15 2008, 09:50 AM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Dec 15 2008, 09:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Yeah, but some flavors are deeply flawed and dated. I mean, pistachio?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

What's wrong with pistachio?
It is an antiquaited, poor way of evaluating quality ice cream.

Oh, and it tastes like sack butter.
<!--quoteo(post=4824:date=Dec 15 2008, 09:11 AM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Dec 15 2008, 09:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->It is an antiquaited, poor way of evaluating quality ice cream.

Oh, and it tastes like sack butter.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I like Pistachio. Of course, I have no idea what sack butter tastes like.
I like the nut, not so much the ice cream flavor unless it's the imported variety.
<!--quoteo(post=4826:date=Dec 15 2008, 10:35 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Dec 15 2008, 10:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I like the nut<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The truth comes out...
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
<!--quoteo(post=4826:date=Dec 15 2008, 09:35 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Dec 15 2008, 09:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I like the nut, not so much the ice cream flavor unless it's the imported variety.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Spumoni was a staple at my Grandma's house when I was growing up, and the artificially colored green pistachio layer was my favorite. Ben & Jerry's Pistachio Pistachio is damn good too, without the artificial coloring.
<!--quoteo(post=4834:date=Dec 15 2008, 11:43 AM:name=ColoradoCub)-->QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Dec 15 2008, 11:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=4826:date=Dec 15 2008, 09:35 AM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Dec 15 2008, 09:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I like the nut, not so much the ice cream flavor unless it's the imported variety.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Spumoni was a staple at my Grandma's house when I was growing up, and the artificially colored green pistachio layer was my favorite. Ben & Jerry's Pistachio Pistachio is damn good too, without the artificial coloring.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Haven't tried much Ben & Jerry's, but if you ever get to try any imported varieties or if you're ever in Europe, it's out of this world good.