Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brian Roberts
<!--quoteo(post=8444:date=Jan 2 2009, 08:43 PM:name=savant)-->QUOTE (savant @ Jan 2 2009, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Miles has always been much better from the right side, so I really expect a straight platoon. And, if we do end up needing to get another secondbaseman Hendry has always shown an uncanny ability to accumulate people who play second so I'm really not worried.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Which is kind of interesting since Hendry has been harping about the need for more lefty bats, yet Miles is strongest from the right side of the plate.
<!--quoteo(post=8465:date=Jan 2 2009, 10:25 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jan 2 2009, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=8444:date=Jan 2 2009, 08:43 PM:name=savant)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (savant @ Jan 2 2009, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Miles has always been much better from the right side, so I really expect a straight platoon. And, if we do end up needing to get another secondbaseman Hendry has always shown an uncanny ability to accumulate people who play second so I'm really not worried.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Which is kind of interesting since Hendry has been harping about the need for more lefty bats, yet Miles is strongest from the right side of the plate.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

As is Bradley, but he's still good from the left side.

Vs. Righties: .270/.362/.436
Vs. Lefties: .303/.387/.504
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=8465:date=Jan 2 2009, 09:25 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jan 2 2009, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=8444:date=Jan 2 2009, 08:43 PM:name=savant)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (savant @ Jan 2 2009, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Miles has always been much better from the right side, so I really expect a straight platoon. And, if we do end up needing to get another secondbaseman Hendry has always shown an uncanny ability to accumulate people who play second so I'm really not worried.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
But, if he is able to get Fontenot another 200 ab's that DeRosa would have taken he has made the team more lefthanded. He just did it with someone already on the roster. A lot of this goes back to hendry being so honest with players. I remeber an interview with DeRosa last year where he was asked about what it was like to deal with Lou. He told about his first year in either the second or third game he was on the bench to get Theriot a start at second. He went to lou and said I signed here to be the starting secondbaseman and Lou put him in the lineup.

If Lou/Hendry went to DeRosa and said we are going to be giving Fontenot more ab's next year and some of them are going to come from you. DeRosa says I signed here to be the starter and Hendry says okay, we can move you so you can still be a starter. I have a hard time holding that against anyone the Cubs like Fontenot, and Derosa is in his contract year playing for the last contract he will ever get.
"Drink Up and Beat Off!"
-KBWSB

"Will I be looked on poorly if my religion involved punting little people?"
-Jody
<!--quoteo(post=8467:date=Jan 2 2009, 09:37 PM:name=savant)-->QUOTE (savant @ Jan 2 2009, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=8465:date=Jan 2 2009, 09:25 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Jan 2 2009, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=8444:date=Jan 2 2009, 08:43 PM:name=savant)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (savant @ Jan 2 2009, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Miles has always been much better from the right side, so I really expect a straight platoon. And, if we do end up needing to get another secondbaseman Hendry has always shown an uncanny ability to accumulate people who play second so I'm really not worried.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
But, if he is able to get Fontenot another 200 ab's that DeRosa would have taken he has made the team more lefthanded. He just did it with someone already on the roster. A lot of this goes back to hendry being so honest with players. I remeber an interview with DeRosa last year where he was asked about what it was like to deal with Lou. He told about his first year in either the second or third game he was on the bench to get Theriot a start at second. He went to lou and said I signed here to be the starting secondbaseman and Lou put him in the lineup.

If Lou/Hendry went to DeRosa and said we are going to be giving Fontenot more ab's next year and some of them are going to come from you. DeRosa says I signed here to be the starter and Hendry says okay, we can move you so you can still be a starter. I have a hard time holding that against anyone the Cubs like Fontenot, and Derosa is in his contract year playing for the last contract he will ever get.
Yeah, that all makes sense. I actually thought about that right after I posted it. It's going to be interesting to see how Lou manages the lineup every given day with more movable parts.
<!--quoteo(post=8466:date=Jan 2 2009, 09:37 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Jan 2 2009, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=8465:date=Jan 2 2009, 10:25 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Jan 2 2009, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=8444:date=Jan 2 2009, 08:43 PM:name=savant)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (savant @ Jan 2 2009, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Miles has always been much better from the right side, so I really expect a straight platoon. And, if we do end up needing to get another secondbaseman Hendry has always shown an uncanny ability to accumulate people who play second so I'm really not worried.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

As is Bradley, but he's still good from the left side.

Vs. Righties: .270/.362/.436
Vs. Lefties: .303/.387/.504
Last year Miles was

vs. righties .317/.345/407
vs. lefties .315/.377/.378

Miles three year splits

vs righties .286/.320/.365
vs. lefties .297/.374/.358

"Drink Up and Beat Off!"
-KBWSB

-Jody
Milton Bradley last year

vs righties .309/.415/.514
vs lefties .346/.477/.662

Three years
vs righties .294/.398/.482
vs lefties .320 /.424 /.599
"Drink Up and Beat Off!"
-KBWSB

-Jody
<!--quoteo(post=8427:date=Jan 2 2009, 07:26 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Jan 2 2009, 07:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=8424:date=Jan 2 2009, 08:15 PM:name=DaveB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DaveB @ Jan 2 2009, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Now that we have an opening at 2B, it would make more sense to go after Roberts, especailly after how close (supposedly) we came to getting him this past Spring.
Are there any rumors or rumblings that Hendry is talking to the Orioles again, or are we most likely out of the picture now?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I haven't seen any insider type rumblings. Just bald speculation.

So you heard about it from Clapp?
I picture a pissed-off Amazon bitch; uncontrollable, disobedient, boldly resisting any kind of emotional shackles...angrily begging for more ejaculate. -KB

Showing your teeth is a sign of weakness in primates. Whenever someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life. - Dwight

RIP Sarge
<!--quoteo(post=8926:date=Jan 5 2009, 08:25 AM:name=Jody)-->QUOTE (Jody @ Jan 5 2009, 08:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=8427:date=Jan 2 2009, 07:26 PM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ Jan 2 2009, 07:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=8424:date=Jan 2 2009, 08:15 PM:name=DaveB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DaveB @ Jan 2 2009, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Now that we have an opening at 2B, it would make more sense to go after Roberts, especailly after how close (supposedly) we came to getting him this past Spring.
Are there any rumors or rumblings that Hendry is talking to the Orioles again, or are we most likely out of the picture now?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
That took me a minute...
<!--quoteo(post=8926:date=Jan 5 2009, 08:25 AM:name=Jody)-->QUOTE (Jody @ Jan 5 2009, 08:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=8427:date=Jan 2 2009, 07:26 PM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ Jan 2 2009, 07:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=8424:date=Jan 2 2009, 08:15 PM:name=DaveB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DaveB @ Jan 2 2009, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Now that we have an opening at 2B, it would make more sense to go after Roberts, especailly after how close (supposedly) we came to getting him this past Spring.

no, from me.
[Image: lou.jpg]
<!--quoteo(post=9163:date=Jan 5 2009, 04:55 PM:name=Mikey)-->QUOTE (Mikey @ Jan 5 2009, 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=8926:date=Jan 5 2009, 08:25 AM:name=Jody)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jody @ Jan 5 2009, 08:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=8427:date=Jan 2 2009, 07:26 PM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ Jan 2 2009, 07:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=8424:date=Jan 2 2009, 08:15 PM:name=DaveB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DaveB @ Jan 2 2009, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Now that we have an opening at 2B, it would make more sense to go after Roberts, especailly after how close (supposedly) we came to getting him this past Spring.

no, from me.

Eh, 6 in one a half dozen in the other.
I picture a pissed-off Amazon bitch; uncontrollable, disobedient, boldly resisting any kind of emotional shackles...angrily begging for more ejaculate. -KB

Showing your teeth is a sign of weakness in primates. Whenever someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life. - Dwight

RIP Sarge
I haven't read the article yet but I guess Rosenthal said a Brian Roberts trade is a "growing possibility."
<!--quoteo(post=9740:date=Jan 7 2009, 10:15 AM:name=HTC)-->QUOTE (HTC @ Jan 7 2009, 10:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I haven't read the article yet but I guess Rosenthal said a Brian Roberts trade is a "growing possibility."<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
No link even? Worthless
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/9041644...ive-for-Dodgers

The Orioles can't catch a break. The free-agent market is flooded with left-handed hitters, but the team's preference is a right-handed bat. A trade of second baseman Brian Roberts, meanwhile, is a growing possibility. The Orioles face gaping holes in their middle infield with Roberts signed only through next season and shortstop Cesar Izturis through 2010 ...

<!--quoteo(post=9752:date=Jan 7 2009, 10:40 AM:name=Sandberg)-->QUOTE (Sandberg @ Jan 7 2009, 10:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=9740:date=Jan 7 2009, 10:15 AM:name=HTC)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HTC @ Jan 7 2009, 10:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I haven't read the article yet but I guess Rosenthal said a Brian Roberts trade is a "growing possibility."<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
No link even? Worthless

I'm lazy.
I dunno, I just can't imagine Roberts ever becoming a Cub unless we sign him in a few years when he's over the hill.