Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOI ESPN Keeper League
<!--quoteo(post=100609:date=Jun 9 2010, 02:42 PM:name=Rappster)-->QUOTE (Rappster @ Jun 9 2010, 02:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=100389:date=Jun 8 2010, 12:52 PM:name=ColoradoCub)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Jun 8 2010, 12:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Just want to remind everyone that the deadline for getting in your league fees is about 4 weeks away.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm not paying unless I move into contention...

Kidding...I'M KIDDING!
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

At least you saw my post this year. You have no excuse now
Can I get my money back and let you lock my team?
<!--quoteo(post=102126:date=Jun 18 2010, 08:49 AM:name=Coach)-->QUOTE (Coach @ Jun 18 2010, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Can I get my money back and let you lock my team?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Why? With the underwhelming response I've received, you may have a 1 in 2 chance of finishing in the money, of course, it would only be 1/2 of the prize money.
Yeah, I'm all for making this a non-paying league with a refund. It certainly isn't fair to those of us who have paid.
I got nothin'.

Andy
<!--quoteo(post=102686:date=Jun 24 2010, 09:09 AM:name=Andy)-->QUOTE (Andy @ Jun 24 2010, 09:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Yeah, I'm all for making this a non-paying league with a refund. It certainly isn't fair to those of us who have paid.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Honestly, that might be the fair thing to do.
The minute this turns into a free league is the minute I stop paying attention. And I really don't care what happens to this league but each person who hasn't paid is pure bullshit.
I'm not exactly surprised that the last place team is asking for a refund.
To back Andy's point, why should he lose money because he paid on time when he could have waited until mid season to see how good his team was?
(Like others have done)
i thought everyone was kidding and i think everyone will pay (right?). this is my first year that it looks like i'm pretty much done this early, and it sucks, but i'll never quit trying and it's still fun for me to watch the league progress. i was never worried about the money thing until now. i don't think anyone's dickish enough to back out on paying.
Life is a bitch, but she's totally doable.
<!--quoteo(post=102727:date=Jun 24 2010, 10:55 AM:name=Coach)-->QUOTE (Coach @ Jun 24 2010, 10:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->To back Andy's point, why should he lose money because he paid on time when he could have waited until mid season to see how good his team was?
(Like others have done)<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I've been a part of a league for 10 years, in which people are given until the all-star break to pay, and it's never been a problem. It hasn't been a problem in this league in the past either. I'm only trying to collect fees so that the winners don't have to chase people down. My comments above were just in jest, but if you guys really feel that way, you're more than welcome to run the league next year.
I'm in another league just like this, but the difference is that everyone knows each other. This is different.

And this league has only been around 2+ years and it has gotten worse.
<!--quoteo(post=102741:date=Jun 24 2010, 12:21 PM:name=Coach)-->QUOTE (Coach @ Jun 24 2010, 12:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm in another league just like this, but the difference is that everyone knows each other. This is different.

And this league has only been around 2+ years and it has gotten worse.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

We've all been posting on this board for 5+ years, and lots of guys have actually met each other.... the other league that I'm in with Rotodestroyer is the same in every aspect, and it's never been a problem. I'm not really that worried about it, and I really don't have time right now to deal with chasing each and every person down to get them to pay.
Chill...I just keep forgetting to send the check. It's just the last thing I'd think of when I walk out the door.
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
My post had zero to do with my position within the league. I can live with being in last and, probably surprising, I update my team daily. When the league was created and everyone bought into the fact that it was a pay-based league, I was fine. I've paid each season and will continue to. I don't, however, think it's fair at all for half the league to pay and the other half to not pay until they decide to (if at all).

I got nothin'.

Andy
Guys...I'm sorry. I ALWAYS seem to space this. I'm on a trip and sending this from my phone. PayPal won't seem to go through, but I'll be back on a real computer in a little while. I'll send it off ASAP.

Sorry...if you're having the debate because I'm a douche...don't. I'll try to be less so.