Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ibanez vs. Bradley (so far)
<!--quoteo(post=34219:date=Apr 30 2009, 11:47 AM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Apr 30 2009, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm glad we didn't sign Ibanez. He got $30 million, and he's 37 years old. He's off to a hot start, and he's feasting at that tiny ballpark the Phils play in, but I don't think it was a smart signing; the Phils had to give up a #1 draft pick to sign a lefty twin of Burrell when they needed to get more <i>right-handed</i>.

Not even Butch thinks Bradley's gonna hit .107 all year. My only worry with him is my perpetual Bradley worry...can the fucker stay in one piece?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
There's the Ibanez is too old crap again. He has plenty left and will be well worth that contract.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=34219:date=Apr 30 2009, 01:47 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Apr 30 2009, 01:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'm glad we didn't sign Ibanez. He got $30 million, and he's 37 years old. He's off to a hot start, and he's feasting at that tiny ballpark the Phils play in, but I don't think it was a smart signing; the Phils had to give up a #1 draft pick to sign a lefty twin of Burrell when they needed to get more <i>right-handed</i>.

Not even Butch thinks Bradley's gonna hit .107 all year. My only worry with him is my perpetual Bradley worry...can the fucker stay in one piece?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I agree
<!--quoteo(post=34231:date=Apr 30 2009, 01:00 PM:name=Runnys)-->QUOTE (Runnys @ Apr 30 2009, 01:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->One thing I wonder is did the Cubs have any idea that Abreu could be signed for so little? Seriously, one year at 5 million is a steal for the numbers he is going to put up. His defense would have been no worse than Bradley's and he plays 150+ games a year.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Woah, woah, woah, his defense would be no worse than Bradley's? That statement couldn't be more wrong.
<!--quoteo(post=34287:date=Apr 30 2009, 02:45 PM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Apr 30 2009, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=34231:date=Apr 30 2009, 01:00 PM:name=Runnys)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Runnys @ Apr 30 2009, 01:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->One thing I wonder is did the Cubs have any idea that Abreu could be signed for so little? Seriously, one year at 5 million is a steal for the numbers he is going to put up. His defense would have been no worse than Bradley's and he plays 150+ games a year.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Woah, woah, woah, his defense would be no worse than Bradley's? That statement couldn't be more wrong.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
There should be a defense with replacement player stat. If that was the case Fuk > Abreu > The Hoff
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
Yeah, at this point in his career, Abreu is basically Hoff, with less power and a higher OBP.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo(post=34302:date=Apr 30 2009, 03:36 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Apr 30 2009, 03:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Yeah, at this point in his career, Abreu is basically Hoff, with less power and a higher OBP.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

And almost an absolute lock to drive in and score 100 runs not to mention the 20-30 steals he will get. Abreu and Hoff aren't even comparable.
Ibanez is a good hitter. Thoughts?
[Image: lou.jpg]