Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ted Lilly
Per Wittenmyer, because of his knee.
I am no longer capable of shock, surprise, anger...I've been beaten into submission.
eh.
"If you throw at someone's head, it's very dangerous, because in the head is the brain." -- Pudge Rodriguez to AM 1270 WXYT in Detroit
What the fuck? Didn't he just have a week off?
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo(post=50467:date=Jul 17 2009, 05:26 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Jul 17 2009, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->What the fuck? Didn't he just have a week off?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Well, he did pitch in the All-Star game.

Wait...
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

Obama poisoned him.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
Len and Bob said he is going to start Monday versus the Phils.
Hopefully it is nothing serious, and they are just trying to hold back our best pitcher for Philly.
Perhaps he shouldn't have started. Even when healthy, you knew that Lilly would not fair well in that game. A fly ball pitcher, in a home run ballpark, vs a team with tremendous power and the highest average against lefties in the league.
<!--quoteo(post=50951:date=Jul 21 2009, 09:07 AM:name=sleepyhead)-->QUOTE (sleepyhead @ Jul 21 2009, 09:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Perhaps he shouldn't have started. Even when healthy, you knew that Lilly would not fair well in that game. A fly ball pitcher, in a home run ballpark, vs a team with tremendous power and the highest average against lefties in the league.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Ya think?
<!--quoteo(post=50963:date=Jul 21 2009, 09:50 AM:name=Dirk)-->QUOTE (Dirk @ Jul 21 2009, 09:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=50951:date=Jul 21 2009, 09:07 AM:name=sleepyhead)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sleepyhead @ Jul 21 2009, 09:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Perhaps he shouldn't have started. Even when healthy, you knew that Lilly would not fair well in that game. A fly ball pitcher, in a home run ballpark, vs a team with tremendous power and the highest average against lefties in the league.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Ya think?
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

yes, I think
It's not that simple. He was either going to have to start in Washington or Philly, or else we would have needed to DL him, making him unavailable for another week.
This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
We were going to lose that game last night regardless. Hopefully we can salvage one of the final 2, and Lilly is ok going forward.
<!--quoteo(post=50965:date=Jul 21 2009, 10:27 AM:name=Kid)-->QUOTE (Kid @ Jul 21 2009, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->It's not that simple. He was either going to have to start in Washington or Philly, or else we would have needed to DL him, making him unavailable for another week.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

oh, I'm aware. I was basically saying that we were f'd when we had to start him.
If he started in Washington, then Hart would have started last night.
Same result