Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saturday's starter
Yeah, all Lou said was that he wasn't gonna go this weekend, nothing more than that from him.
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Ted Lilly will be placed on the disabled list with shoulder inflammation, and Justin Berg has been called up from Triple-A Iowa to join the bullpen.

Lilly was relieved there wasn't a significant tear, but said he expects to treat it like the same shoulder injury he had in Toronto in 2005, saying he missed 4-5 starts. Lilly wouldn't put a timetable on his recovery time, but said he wouldn't pick up a baseball for two weeks. That would indicate he'll miss at least three-four weeks.

"The symptoms are the same as it was (in 2005) and I went on the 15-day (DL) and missed 4-5 starts, something like that, and I came back and was fine," he said. "So that's what I imagine at this point."

Lilly said he will also have arthroscopic surgery on his left knee on Monday, which also has a recovery time that is about two weeks.

"I'll have a chance to get that taken care of, which iwll be a reaqlly minor thing," he said. "I imagine I'll be back on it in a couple days."

Lilly said he'd be "very surprised" is pitching on the bad knee led to his shoulder problem, though he conceded he did not start feeling pain in the shoulder until after his start on Monday in Philadelphia.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yeah 4 starts is what they're saying. If Hart can throw the ball over the plate like today and Dempster is himself, should be able to survive this. When a pitcher goes in for an MRI on this throwing arm, I'm basically relieved with anything other than a season-ending injury, especially when it's the Cubs we're talking about. Smart move to just do the arthroscopic knee surgery during it as well.
@TheBlogfines
Nevermind. Just saw this.