Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adam LaRoche to the Red Sox
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->According to Dejan Kovacevic of the Pittsburgh Post Gazette, the Red Sox have acquired Pirates first baseman Adam LaRoche. We're waiting to get word on who (or what) the Red Sox gave up. Boston was linked to LaRoche about a month ago, but we hadn't heard much on that front since. The 29-year-old is batting .247/.329/.441 this season with 12 home runs and 40 RBI. He can man first base for the Red Sox on days when Mike Lowell (hip) needs to be spelled by Kevin Youkilis at third.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
That's a pretty solid back-up right there.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
At least we don't have to worry about him launching HRs against us anymore while hitting .200 against other NL teams.
<!--quoteo(post=51197:date=Jul 22 2009, 12:17 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jul 22 2009, 12:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->At least we don't have to worry about him launching HRs against us anymore while hitting .200 against other NL teams.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah- instead we get Garrett Jones who pretty much HRs every game.
<!--quoteo(post=51201:date=Jul 22 2009, 12:51 PM:name=The Dude)-->QUOTE (The Dude @ Jul 22 2009, 12:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=51197:date=Jul 22 2009, 12:17 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Jul 22 2009, 12:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->At least we don't have to worry about him launching HRs against us anymore while hitting .200 against other NL teams.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah- instead we get Garrett Jones who pretty much HRs every game.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
We will shut him down. Only crappy hitters pwn us.
Duncan and LaRoche off the bench? Could Rob Deer and Micky Tettleton be far behind?
One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer

Apparently they turned down Buchholz for Victor Martinez.
[Image: 2hz4sk2.jpg]
<!--quoteo(post=51300:date=Jul 22 2009, 05:20 PM:name=Baron)-->QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 22 2009, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Apparently they turned down Buchholz for Victor Martinez.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Good. I have Bucholz in a keeper league. I don't want him going to some shitty team.
<!--quoteo(post=51300:date=Jul 22 2009, 04:20 PM:name=Baron)-->QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 22 2009, 04:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Apparently they turned down Buchholz for Victor Martinez.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
That's a wise decision on their part I think.

John Henry(Red Sox owner) said this yesterday on Twitter: "Met with Theo today. What's the definition of a number 1 starter? Is Buchholz going to be one? I think most people in baseball think so."

And 2 hours ago: "trading deadline hasn't passed but don't expect blockbuster(s). like this club; love the prospects it might take to do a blockbuster."

@TheBlogfines